U. Cincinnati acceptance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by palm tree, Nov 14, 2002.

1. palm tree

palm tree Member

Hey guys!

I read that U. Cincinnati sends out acceptances weekly until Feb. However, does anyone know approx how long it will take the committee to review the file?

Thanks a bunch!
    palm

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist

Resident [Any Field]
    I got mine about 4 weeks after the interview.

Good luck:)

4. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy

My acceptance was 17 days after my interview date but I was EDP so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Good luck, maybe we will be classmates next year.

5. palm tree

palm tree Member

Thanks for responding! I guess if I don't find out around the middle of December, my app isn't as stellar as yours. Wish me luck!

palm

6. DoubleDoctor

Well, I had good stats but I'm also a home grown Cincinnati boy so I had the home field advantage so don't despair just yet. They knew from the interview that I really only wanted to go to UC (yes, if I hadn't gotten accepted, I would have applied to other schools) but I really wanted to stay local and made that fairly clear to them. They actually asked me why I didn't apply to top 10 schools and I had to say because I really want to go here, this is where I grew up, where I went to college, and where my family is located and I like it here. I had a full ride scholarship for undergrad, and part of that was from endowments from businesses in the Cincy area so I truly feel that I should give back to the community. There is a shortage of doctors in this area and I can't see going somewhere else to practice when I'm needed in my hometown.

7. WSUreds

WSUreds Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Last year, they did not send out weekly acceptance letters, but instead sent out them out once a month in the middle of the month. It seems this year that they are doing a better job sending out the notices in a timely fashion.

Double Dr. waiting time is irrelevant to normal applicants b/c they have to notify all EDP's of their status by a certain date. And I hope they knew that you were interested in UC b/c you applied early decision here, but from what I have heard EDP applicants here have a very high acceptance rate.

8. DukeBluDevl02

DukeBluDevl02 Senior Member

I was also accepted just the other day and I'm very excited! (I'm a reapplicant).

But, I haven't gotten my official letter yet. How long did it take from the time it was posted on the internet to get the official letter at your home?

Just curious!

9. DoubleDoctor

I think it was about 5-7 days.

And I agree that they should have known that I was majorly interested since I think applying EDP has an element of risk (you will be late applying to other schools if you don't get in) but they actually made quite a big deal out of it during the interview. To me, applying EDP should have demonstrated a commitment but they did quiz me a bunch on whether I was going to apply to top 10 schools and they seemed very interested in my interest in OSU (which I had none). The PI that I work with told me that they lose a lot of applicants to OSU.

I thought that if you EDPed then you HAD to attend that school but I guess that isn't so because someone else told me that people decide not to attend all the time. I don't know what their acceptance rate for EDP applicants is because I tried to find that info before I actually did the EDP and couldn't find any stats.

10. palm tree

palm tree Member

I just checked my online status, but no decision had been made on my app. I was looking forward to hearing good news before the winter break. :( I'm an out of state applicant, so maybe (hopefully) that's why my app is delayed. Hopefully, things will turn up when the holiday season ends.

Happy holidays everyone! Congrats to those who already got in!

Palm

11. palm tree

palm tree Member

Yay! I haven't received the package yet, but according to the online status, I'm in! I was placed on hold (don't know if this is the same as waitlist) for a month from mid-Dec to mid-Jan. Hope this helps anyone out there.

12. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench

Hey Duke, when was your interview?? It's been almost 6 weeks since mine and I haven't heard yet. I'm rationalizing by saying Christams and Newyears were in there... :confused:

13. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench

Wow, I dint' realize this thread was that old...

Anybody get in recently? Anybody who interviewed in mid Dec hear yet?

14. Jmassey

Jmassey Member

I interviewed mid december, I haven't got the offical letter yet, but the online status check has been updated for me.

15. kidsmd

kidsmd Senior Member

For those of you that were put on hold, did it state that on the webpage? I had my interview 3 weeks ago and am waiting for a response.

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. DukeBluDevl02

DukeBluDevl02 Senior Member

Zoo and Kidsmd,

I found out almost exactly four weeks to the Wednesday after the interview ONLINE on the status page. Kidsmd, you probably have a week to go, but keep checking. Zoo, I think it would be safe to say that Christmas and New Year's added time to when you'll find out.

Good luck guys, we might be classmates next year!

18. palm tree

palm tree Member

kidsmd,

when I was placed on hold, the website specifically stated it:

Your application has been reviewed by the committee on Admissions and you have been placed on hold at this time. We will notify you of any change in your status as soon as possible.

For me, it appears as though they reviewed my file once a month around the 15th.

19. Jmassey

Jmassey Member

Is hold the same thing as being on the waitlist?

20. kidsmd

kidsmd Senior Member

Thanks for the replies DukeBluDevl02 and Palm Tree. :)

I'm not quite sure. I remember when they were talking about it at interviews, they said that we will either get an acceptance or a hold. In other words, nobody gets a straight-out rejection. I'm assuming it is somewhat like a waitlist. They must rank us in some way and decide whether or not to accept us. It just must be a rather long list since they don't reject anyone right away.

21. TysonCook

TysonCook Senior Member
    Physician Faculty

Attending Physician
    Congrats to those that have made it in, and hopefully to those that will move up on the waitlist!

Last year the website had me accepted about 2 weeks after my interview, and the letter was delivered about a week after that.

If it helps I was out-of-state and interviewed beginning of December, and was accepted around Xmas.

I'm psyched to be here, the class is awesome, fun, and most important cohesive. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I'm sure WSUReds will also field questions as well.

Congrats again, and you will definately have a good time here in Cinci!

22. Mish550

Mish550 Member

Hey Everyone,
    Is anyone here definetly going to UC next year? I'm from the Cincinnati area and I'm going to UC next year for sure. Does anyone know what they're doing for living? I know it might be a little early, but I know a couple people are already starting to look for apts. I'm not sure yet if I want to get a roommate or not! Just wondering what the rest of you are doing!
    You can PM me or Email me...
    good luck!

23. Mish550

Mish550 Member

Hey Everyone,
    Is anyone here definetly going to UC next year? I'm from the Cincinnati area and I'm going to UC next year for sure. Does anyone know what they're doing for living? I know it might be a little early, but I know a couple people are already starting to look for apts. I'm not sure yet if I want to get a roommate or not! Just wondering what the rest of you are doing!
    You can PM me or Email me...
    good luck!

24. Jmassey

Jmassey Member

Does anyone have any idea about how many people cinci takes from its waitlist each year? From the sounds of things, it seems like everyone likes it and I doubt many people will be giving up their acceptances there. :(