Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U. Illinois Chicago

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SpeedRacer, Nov 12, 2005.

1. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

hey guys

so i was perusing the interview feedback and noticed that the setup for interviews varied from person to person. some people had panel interviews of up to 17 people :eek: and some had multiple interviews but they were 1 on 1.

so i'm almost positive this is due to the different locations - i.e. interviewing at chicago is different than interviewing at rockford.

but my question is, does anyone know which is which? how are the interviews set up on the chicago campus? are they always set up that way or are they going to spring a 17 person panel on me?

thanks in advance.

2. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

3. lynn42

lynn42 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

From what I understand, the interviews at the Chicago campus are one-on-one. I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and that is the way the interviews were set up. If I were you, definately schedule yours at the Chicago because they are less stress. IM me if you have questions. :) :)

4. the brown note

the brown note wading through sh!t
    5+ Year Member

I interviewed at the Peoria campus. While the campuses differ in their interview setups, they don't change within the same campus. At Chicago, there are 3 one-on-one interviews, approximately 30 mins each (on average). At Rockford and Peoria, you only have 1 interview, 25 minutes long, with a 3-person panel (at Peoria, they consisted of 2 MDs/PhDs and 1 med student, only 1 interviewee at a time). I think the 17-person panel was for the special RMED program, for which you have to specifically indicate an interest.

For those of you interviewing at Peoria: I wasn't sure what to expect regarding the panel format, but everyone was really nice and it was much more conversational than I anticipated. They didn't "gang up" on me--one of my interviewers even supported me when another interviewer was asking me a question about my personal statement.

Good luck! :luck:

5. jbrice1639

jbrice1639 Cub Fan, Bud Man
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    i had the panel format as well, but at rockford, and it was the same deal...3 people (one MD, on PhD and on M3) and me. not hard at all...very relaxed. definitely one of my shortest easiest interviews.