U. Iowa Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetMeInPlease

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview at Iowa in the end of October and haven't heard a thing since then. I called in the middle of November and the person said that they hadn't accepted anyone yet, but I don't think she was sure about that. So, I was wondering, Has anyone been accepted to Iowa and if so, when was your interview and how long after the interview was it before you were accepted?

Thanks for your help. I'm getting a little FREAKED OUT. Have fun!

Members don't see this ad.

Uhm, I've been accepted. :D I interviewed there on Oct. 15th, and was notified that I got in mid November - the letter was dated Nov. 12th

So I have no idea what that person on the phone was talking about. :confused:

Try not to worry too much. I thought they said it would take about 6-8 weeks to get a decision, so it sounds like you're right around that time. I think the only reason I heard earlier was that it was the second day of interviews, so the committee didn't have as many files to go through. ;)

Good luck! :)

Hey Thanks for letting me know and congratulations! Maybe I will hear soon! Maybe. Does anyone want to hear my grand fantasy? I will tell you it. I have this fantasy that Iowa has sent me a letter of acceptance, but since I am at school and they send stuff to my home, my mom got the letter and is keeping it secret so that she can give me the best Christmas gift ever; acceptance into Iowa. She will wrap it up and maybe buy a nice lab coat and wrap that up too and then I will have a nice Christmas. I wanted to share that fantsay, not so you think I'm a freak, but so that all of you out there who are waiting for your favorite school to accept you can use my fantasy. It's a really good one that really helps to keep you deluded instead of frustrated!!

Actually, I had a similar one about checking the UMich status page on Christmas morning. ;)

And thanks! :) I hope you have the Merry Christmas you're hoping for!
kerstsmiley.gif