Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U. Kentucky

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MarzMD, Nov 21, 2005.

1. MarzMD

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Does anyone know any information on this medical school? I just found out today that I have an interview there scheduled for December 9th, and I only know what is written in the MSAR about the school. Can anyone give me any insight on the school/interview process, or direct me to an SDN member that may know this information?

2. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Search for a member on the big UK/UL thread by the SN "virilep" or something close to that. He is an MS1 there.

3. FutureDrKt

FutureDrKt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Kentucky is a great school- I interviewed there several weeks ago and recieved an acceptance just a few days later. Everyone is incredibly nice and the students seem quite close. There is a definite primary care focus. I think one of the most distinctive things is how the curriculum is organized. Everything is in blocks, and you're generally only in class in the morning, from 8-12. You have afternoons off to study or do whatever you want. This means that summer breaks are only 6 weeks long, but I think it's worth it to be able to absorb the material more thoroughly. Feel free to PM me if you have any interview specific questions. Good luck!