U Maryland, for those that interviewed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vr6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my letter in the email today and was waitlisted.

I remembered when i went to the interview they gave the number of students that went to the interview and the number of accepted vs waitlisted vs hold vs rejected for last year.

does anyone have those numbers? I wrote them down but they went mia.

Thx.

Members don't see this ad.

I was hold listed, but I remember them saying that everyone that was wait listed last year ended up being accepted anyways.

really? i still wanna see those numbers tho...

saladfinger you from maryland too?

i go to umbc, u?

Members don't see this ad :)
what number are you guys on the waitlist?

I got waitlisted as well. The web-site says that last year they accepted 180 for a final class of 120. I know that they were on rolling admissions last year, but at least it gives an idea of how many turn down the offer. Well, I guess its gonna be a long few months.

There's 160 seats available this year.

is U of Maryland still sending out interview invites? not that I care but its the ONLY school I havent heard from, I guess the rejection letter is in the works.

I got waitlisted as well. The web-site says that last year they accepted 180 for a final class of 120. I know that they were on rolling admissions last year, but at least it gives an idea of how many turn down the offer. Well, I guess its gonna be a long few months.

I got waitlisted too...I'm upset, but hopefully we'll all get in. I'm not very hight on the waitlist, so I agree it is going to be a long few months.:(

By the way, I'm from Maryland...

How did you find out if you wouldn't mind sharing

Also what position are you guys on the wait list?

there were 50 ppl on the waitlist last year and also 1 person from the hold list was accepted. all of the interviews were finished last friday, i'm not sure if they'll conduct anymore though. i'm also at umbc. :) is anyone else still in their second year?

there were 50 ppl on the waitlist last year and also 1 person from the hold list was accepted. all of the interviews were finished last friday, i'm not sure if they'll conduct anymore though. i'm also at umbc. :) is anyone else still in their second year?

so you mean 50 people on the waitlist was acccepted? thats reassuring i guess....

i am #24 :(

i am umbc, super senior with BS in IS this fall, finish my last 8 credits of pre-reqs taking orgo 2, orgo 2 lab and anatomy 2 :) anyone in there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your chin up guys. I know a few of the candidates who did get accepted, and they'll be declining their admissions because they got an offer elsewhere. So you never know =)

Just keep believing and I'm sure you'll get in.

Keep your chin up guys. I know a few of the candidates who did get accepted, and they'll be declining their admissions because they got an offer elsewhere. So you never know =)

Just keep believing and I'm sure you'll get in.

I truly hope you're right...trying to stay positive...:thumbup:

me toooooo. they said that last year there were 50 people on the waitlist and that all of them got accepted. but this year theres a 50bajillion ppl on it. or 92. whatever. i doubt 92 people are going to get accepted. good luck to us all!

I'd say you have a fair chance. You have to take into consideration also that there's an additional 40 spots open because of their new auxiliary campus at Shady Grove. That's why their waitlist is longer. And I do know for a fact that there are at least 5 people who got accepted that will not be accepting because I talked to them this morning. Seeing how I'm from out of state...i'm sure that number's far higher for in-state.

I'm declining my acceptance! And they are accepting more students than last year because of the satellite campus--you all still have a decent chance, no matter what your # is on the waitlist.

There's really 92 on the wait list?

My chances are worse then I thought..

Still don't even know how I didn't even make the wait list...

I'd say you have a fair chance. You have to take into consideration also that there's an additional 40 spots open because of their new auxiliary campus at Shady Grove. That's why their waitlist is longer. And I do know for a fact that there are at least 5 people who got accepted that will not be accepting because I talked to them this morning. Seeing how I'm from out of state...i'm sure that number's far higher for in-state.

what do you mean "far higher for in-state"?

Go TERPS!

Declining UM acceptance should it arrive anyway, but still, GO TERPS!

hello my waitlist friends. at the interview, they told us that we could call in and check our number status. when do you think is a good time to call? i would call every day but i dont want to be crazy annoying :p

and, if anyone HAS called, how much did your number change so far?

i think it would be a good idea for the waitlisted people to post their numbers and update the wait list status if they called.

i already posted my number in an earlier post and if i call, which i plan on doing about once a week or so, i will post if the waitlist numbers changed and keep updating this thread on what they said.

would be nice if other people did the same.

i think it would be a good idea for the waitlisted people to post their numbers and update the wait list status if they called.

i already posted my number in an earlier post and if i call, which i plan on doing about once a week or so, i will post if the waitlist numbers changed and keep updating this thread on what they said.

would be nice if other people did the same.

Vr6-I'm in the lower half, so there is really no need to post mine. I'll update if I move up though...

has anyone on the waitlist heard ANYTHING yet??? i called ms. oliver yesterday and she gave me nothing. she told me to "wait" for at least another 3 weeks. urg. i was hoping that something was going to happen soon because i owe shenandoah $1000 in a week :(

I was accepted and have up to the 15th to pay my deposit. I would check back after then because there may be people like me who are still in deciding mode and will go down to the last second.

I was accepted and have up to the 15th to pay my deposit. I would check back after then because there may be people like me who are still in deciding mode and will go down to the last second.

sweet :D

the waiting is KILLING me :( it bothers me so much...all the uncertainity... ugh..

First, I know they "accepted" more then 180 applicants last year. Several didn't respond or went to other schools. There's a significant number of attrition acceptances, especially for a school that "imports" a high number of out of staters.

UMB went through the 50 on the wait list last year and brought people off of hold to wait list, twice. They did varying numbers each time, once towards the end of the Spring semester/early summer (I can get the date if really needed) and once in late July.

In the end, being on the wait list isn't bad, but keep in mind, you may not find out until summer there's a spot for you. If you've applied only to UMB, it's not a problem, if you've applied to several places, then I envy not your decision.

Thanks for the info KUMoose. so basically, we wait :p and i take a loss at the tuition deposit for another school. that stinks. but now at least we know that we cant give up anytime soon!

will we be getting letters about any outstanding prerequisites?