U .Miami IM

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by JGDL, May 23, 2001.

1. JGDL

JGDL Junior Member

Dear all:

I?m gathering information of IM residencies, and I?m very interested in the IM program at U.Miami, I would like to know some information about the program not just Freida information, I would like to know if it?s a good program by someone who have had an interview there, students of UMiami or residents there.
    Thanks I appreciate it.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 8deuce

8deuce Senior Member

buenos dias josep! i will be applying to u. of miami med school next year but i attend the univ. for undergrad right now. my sisters best friend did her im residency there and a friend of mine is a pgy-2 in im right now and they both speak very highly of it. first of all the residency is not easy b/c in miami you will experience it all and the medical center is the second busiest in the United States. but i see that you reside in spain and fluency in spanish will give you an advantage over most others. miami has a diverse and multicultural population so you can expect some fantastic clinical experience. after your residency, you will be able to handle just about anything because you will have seen and done it already. hope this helped some. good luck! and take care......... :cool:

4. acaban

acaban Senior Member

Hi josep! 8deuce is right. I attended U. Miami for undergrad and worked on some research on the medical campus. Jackson Memorial Hospital is a very busy hospital and serves many people with different ethic and socioeconomic backgrounds. I would highly recommend completting your residenct at UM's JMH as it will provide you with opportunity to observe many cases you might not go other places around the nation. Good Luck to you! AJC :D