U Mich, U Pitt, NYU/MSSM, or U Md?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

U Mich, U Pitt, NYU/MSSM, U Md?

• U Mich

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • U Pitt

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • NYU/MSSM

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • U Md (in-state)

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

adog

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having trouble choosing a school. Any feedback (pro/cons) would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

$ plays a role b/c one is a state school right? if i had no ties (ie i wasnt with my boyfriend) id go to the state school...think about why you would/wouldnt want to go to state school vs any of the others...try looking at it that way and then maybe you can at least figure out if you're looking at the 3 out of state to try to compare them or what

U Mich is an amazing school, as you probably already saw at the interview. I was definitely impressed and would go there in a heartbeat if not for the ****ty location. Best of luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Realest said:
U Mich is an amazing school, as you probably already saw at the interview. I was definitely impressed and would go there in a heartbeat if not for the ****ty location. Best of luck :)

Totally agree, if only U mich was on the east coast!

U Michigan, that's a great school. But yeah, location sucks. Go to NYU, it is a good location and the shcool is great.

anyone else choosing between these schools?

adog said:
anyone else choosing between these schools?

Yeah, I'm currently choosing between Pitt and Maryland (in-state). Locations both suck, although Pitt is a lot more isolating. Pitt has a better match. I'm just not sure I want to pay X thousand more dollars per year to live in Pittsburgh, regardless of the quality of the school.

Realest said:

okay, i live in new york and love it, but what is so bad about ann arbor? arguably one of the best college towns in the world, educated population, amazing school, very cosmopolitan for a small city. seriously...what's the big deal?

Why are NYU and MSSM combined? I think it would change the results of the poll big time.

thebiz98 said:
Why are NYU and MSSM combined? I think it would change the results of the poll big time.

excellent point. NYU>MSSM. Maryland though wouldn't be a bad choice if you're in-state.

Michigan and Pitt are awesome schools though, try to look past location and strongly consider those two.

doc05 said:
excellent point. NYU>MSSM. Maryland though wouldn't be a bad choice if you're in-state.

Michigan and Pitt are awesome schools though, try to look past location and strongly consider those two.

I think that putting NYU above MSSM is a matter of opinion. I personally say MSSM > NYU. But this is just all the more reason for a restructured poll.

thebiz98 said:

I put them in a category together mostly because they are so similar in reputation and location. I know they are totally different programs, but I didn't want to turn it into a MSSM vs. NYU thing (which is a whole different difficult decision on its own). I guess I wanted to use his poll to see people's take on location vs. reputation vs. tuition

Hey, so out of curiosity, what would you guys say to Pittsburgh vs Maryland (in-state + full ride)?

DantheMan05 said:
Hey, so out of curiosity, what would you guys say to Pittsburgh vs Maryland (in-state + full ride)?

definitely umd FULL ride. its a pretty incredible school.

mhondy said:
okay, i live in new york and love it, but what is so bad about ann arbor? arguably one of the best college towns in the world, educated population, amazing school, very cosmopolitan for a small city. seriously...what's the big deal?
you're forgetting the horrific spirit breaking winters that rival siberia.