U Michigan Interview 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monreal

Au pôle nord
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just got the email.
The interview will occur over 2 days, Monday and Tuesday, October 15 & 16, 2007
Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

count me in..i got the email today!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,,friend,,
before you got the interview letter,,
did you get a confirmation email that told you your application is complete??
thanks.
rain

Ya..I got the confirmation email that my app was complete.

hi,,friend,,
before you got the interview letter,,
did you get a confirmation email that told you your application is complete??
thanks.
rain

Congratulations and good luck on your interview!!! :thumbup:

hey friends ..congratulations for the interrview calls.. whoever got the call .... can you please write down your status of scores, which other school called you for the interview and your preference of the school... that way the other people can count there status... This is the only way we can help each other... Best of luck to all of you.. and God bless you...

Thanks Elto!

Sharma..I have posted my scores on the application thread but i will post again here.
Part 1-91
ECE:3.56
Toefl: 109
Work exp in the US:3 months as observer
In Home country: 3.5 yrs
This is my first interview call.I have applied to Upenn, Bu & San antonio.I sent all my apps mid August.

Thanks Elto!

Sharma..I have posted my scores on the application thread but i will post again here.
Part 1-91
ECE:3.56
Toefl: 109
Work exp in the US:3 months as observer
In Home country: 3.5 yrs
This is my first interview call.I have applied to Upenn, Bu & San antonio.I sent all my apps mid August.

Thanks rtvj.... You got a very good credentials.. You will be getting calls fromthe other schools too.... best of luck for your interview..bye

hi friends ....i too got my first interview call......from michigan....good luck to everyone

dr g..we will meet at Umich.good luck!:thumbup:

even i got an interview call to michican . please let me know are there some classes for the practical prepration .
thanks
kashish

Members don't see this ad :)
dr g..we will meet at Umich.good luck!:thumbup:

we sure will....looking forward to meeting everyone....

i just sent ms pattie my confirmation.......hopefully everything will go well:luck:

hi guyz
i too got interview invitation for Michigan today.
how r u guys planning for accomodation and transportation? I'm completely new to the place.

thanks

hey! congrats to everyone who got the call.
i also got the email yesterday.....interview is on 15th and 16th oct.
see you guys there!

hey! congrats to everyone who got the call.
i also got the email yesterday.....interview is on 15th and 16th oct.
see you guys there!
Did they send out all the interview invitation email? Anyone knows? Thanks!

congrats to all of u, I also got an interview call from Michigan for 14th and 15th of october, can anyone tell me what to expect there? c u guys there

congrats to all of u, I also got an interview call from Michigan for 14th and 15th of october, can anyone tell me what to expect there? c u guys there

congrats nd good luck for the interview
is it on 14th nd 15th or on 15th nd 16th??

The interview is on 15th and 16th, Monday n Tuesday.
Any suggestions on how to prepare for the practical test??

congrats to everyone who got a call
i have a question....
doesanyone know how many people does umichigan call each year for interview nd how many apply there?

congrats to everyone who got a call
i have a question....
doesanyone know how many people does umichigan call each year for interview nd how many apply there?

They invite 36 interviewees, accept 8.

Congrats Guys!!
Count me in too. I am also new to the area. What are you guys doing abt the accommodation. I would like to know if any girl would like to share accommodation???

Thanx

Congrats Guys!!
Count me in too. I am also new to the area. What are you guys doing abt the accommodation. I would like to know if any girl would like to share accommodation???

Thanx
Hi Minfa2 I am new to the site. I have been called on oct 15 and 16. Let me know about ur plans. Would like to share accomodation.

hi i am also called for 15 and 16th.i am looking for an accomadation also. please let me know about your plans
thanks
kashish

Hi Minfa2 I am new to the site. I have been called on oct 15 and 16. Let me know about ur plans. Would like to share accomodation.

From what I was told, they have sent invites to 40 ppl and will accept 7 this year becos one person who was selected last yr deferred her seat.

:cool:How do you prepare for the practical exam?? Also, would anyone (a girl:)) want to share accommodation?

I got the email too. Let me know if anyone wants to plan the itinerary together.

cONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO GOT THE INTERVIEW CALL. GOOD LUCK GUYS,GO GET IT.
I APPLIED BEGINNING OF LAST MONTH AND I HAVE'NT HEARD FROM THEM.I GUESS MY STATS ARE TOO LOW,HERE ARE MY SCORES
NDBE-89
GPA-3.55(WES)
TOEFL100
11/2YRS AS DA(IF THAT HELPS)
CAN YOU POST YOUR SCORES SO I WILL KNOW WHAT MY CHANCES ARE.
I'M WATING,
THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS,
PRIYA.:(

cONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO GOT THE INTERVIEW CALL. GOOD LUCK GUYS,GO GET IT.
I APPLIED BEGINNING OF LAST MONTH AND I HAVE'NT HEARD FROM THEM.I GUESS MY STATS ARE TOO LOW,HERE ARE MY SCORES
NDBE-89
GPA-2.55(WES)
TOEFL100
11/2YRS AS DA(IF THAT HELPS)
CAN YOU POST YOUR SCORES SO I WILL KNOW WHAT MY CHANCES ARE.
I'M WATING,
THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS,
PRIYA.:(
Hi Pyria, Did you apply to other schools or only UMich?
Thanks, Sofi

Hi Pyria, Did you apply to other schools or only UMich?
Thanks, Sofi
Priya, sorry for misspelling your name... Sofi.

Hi Sofi,
I applied to almost around 8 schools.
Schools applied-UCLA,UOP,USC,UCSF,BU,NYU,UIC,&UMN.
Thanks ,
Priya.

Hi Priya,
Your stats are good, the GPA is a bit low. Do you have good rec letters?
Thanks,Sofi

Hi Priya, I also applied to a bunch of schools and Michigan was first to send an invitation letter. I applied late, just by deadline, so it is probably still too early to be expecting invitations. Did you apply early?
Good luck to you, Priya:)
Sofi

I got the email too. Anybody going to Michigan from Toronto?

I got the email too. Anybody going to Michigan from Toronto?
Hi,nightguard,

May I ask you when you got the email? I am still waiting... Did they send out all the invitation? Thanks and congrats!

congrats to everyone who got the interview call
i have afew questions?

does anyone know whether michigan uses columbia typhodont or kilgore typhodont
also will it be a table top excercise or by manikin and also will it be water based or dry based?
thankx a lot

I got the email too. Let me know if anyone wants to plan the itinerary together.
hi,
i have received michigan's call too.
let me know if u wud like to share accomodation & travelling.
i shall travel from LA to michigan & back.
bye
kapadiakk

Hi , did you get a call today? As i called before a few days ago they told me that they already have sent all the emails for interview. You mean they didn't finish calling for the interview part yet?

Hi , did you get a call today? As i called before a few days ago they told me that they already have sent all the emails for interview. You mean they didn't finish calling for the interview part yet?
no,
i got the interview call thru email on 11th of september itself.

hi,
i have received michigan's call too.
let me know if u wud like to share accomodation & travelling.
i shall travel from LA to michigan & back.
bye
kapadiakk

Hey,
I made plans to stay with a friend.
Tc

hey guys....

i got an email giving me the details regarding the interview schedule on 15th and 16 october....however i did not receive any email saying that i have been selected for the interview(as other univ had sent)...i was wondering if this is by mistake or did michigan just sent out this email only....since it's not a personalized email (dint have my name or anything included) so i was wondering what to think of it......it would help if you guys cud tell me ur experience coz u guys had received the call long time back.....thanx guys.....

hey guys i also have an interview at tufts on 15th.....i guess i will have to rescedule it to 17th...will dat look bad or something......kinda stuck now...any suggestions from ppl who have faced this kind of situation before....thanx for your help guys...i appreciate it..

also guys they dint specify in the e-mail what preparations they are going to ask...any idea abt it ?...thanx again..

hey guys i also have an interview at tufts on 15th.....i guess i will have to rescedule it to 17th...will dat look bad or something......kinda stuck now...any suggestions from ppl who have faced this kind of situation before....thanx for your help guys...i appreciate it..

also guys they dint specify in the e-mail what preparations they are going to ask...any idea abt it ?...thanx again..
I got an invitation letter by e-mail on Sept 11 and it had 3 parts: invitation itself, schedule, details about the exam. E-mail them back and ask if you are invited, I bet you are, even if the letter was a generic letter without a name.
Good luck dental doc80!
Sofi

I got an invitation letter by e-mail on Sept 11 and it had 3 parts: invitation itself, schedule, details about the exam. E-mail them back and ask if you are invited, I bet you are, even if the letter was a generic letter without a name.
Good luck dental doc80!
Sofi

hi sofi...thanx for replying to my msg....ya i am going to call them up tommorow and clarify.....i was just sent the scedule details which was in a pdf file....but the schedule had no details regarding the preps that they will be asking......and also do we have to send them a check or something for this preclinical exam....thank you for helping me out.....

hi guys
can anyone please help me regarding the preps they will ask at michigan?
did they send any details after the first day when they sent the pdf files regarding the interview nd exam....

also did anyone recieve any mail regarding the acknowledgement of the 250 $fees......i checked with the couriier service that they had delivered my money order but i didnot hear anything from michigan people.....

thankx

hi guys
can anyone please help me regarding the preps they will ask at michigan?
did they send any details after the first day when they sent the pdf files regarding the interview nd exam....

also did anyone recieve any mail regarding the acknowledgement of the 250 $fees......i checked with the couriier service that they had delivered my money order but i didnot hear anything from michigan people.....

thankx

the mail had 3 attachments but i had read just 1....everything else that i asked is given on the other 2 attachments so i am sorry guys...but the email says that you have to reply by sept 17 and have to send the money by sept 21st...dat was like a week ago and i have received the email today only.....dont know wats goin on....