U Michigan Next Round Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EngDentist

Perfect Chompers
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received an invite for Nov 16 interview. Check your email!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an invite for Nov 16 interview. Check your email!!

Hey congrats!! Was the email sent this morning? I really want an interview there....hopefully mine's on the way...

Hey congrats!! Was the email sent this morning? I really want an interview there....hopefully mine's on the way...

Yep, it was sent at 9:00 am today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my U Mich Rejection this morning:(

Congrats. Praying I get an interview. Michigan's my top choice by far....

WOW- so annoyed...

I got really excited when i saw this thread, but I didn't have an e-mail this morning. So, I called Michigan just to double-check that my file was complete. Turns out, the essay I sent via e-mail never made it to them - I sent it in August, which means I am now set two months back from when they would have started my review.

I guess this is why you shouldn't put off calling to check your file at each school!

Best of luck to all!

WOO HOO!

Got my interview for U of M on Nov 16th today too. Just when I was starting to lose hope... =)

By the way tropical dentist, don't fret too much! I didn't submit my essay until first week october and I got called for an interview. so dont be too discouraged!

WOO HOO!

Got my interview for U of M on Nov 16th today too. Just when I was starting to lose hope... =)

By the way tropical dentist, don't fret too much! I didn't submit my essay until first week october and I got called for an interview. so dont be too discouraged!
This is probably a really dumb question, but is the essay that you're referring to your personal statement? Or do they require an additional essay?

This is probably a really dumb question, but is the essay that you're referring to your personal statement? Or do they require an additional essay?

He/she is referring to the essay you are required to write and email back to them before they will consider your application to be complete. I had sent mine on July 25th.

I changed my interview from nov 2nd for nov 16. I guess I'll see some of you guys there. but, is the interview from 11am-4pm?
the nov 2nd interview was from 9am-3pm...i;m a little bit confused. anyone else interviewing on the 16?

I changed my interview from nov 2nd for nov 16. I guess I'll see some of you guys there. but, is the interview from 11am-4pm?
the nov 2nd interview was from 9am-3pm...i;m a little bit confused. anyone else interviewing on the 16?

There are two sessions on Nov 16. You will have to call and schedule.

TropicalDentist--

The exact same thing happened to me a week and a half ago. Was beginning to wonder, so I called their office and they never got my supplemental essay. I sent my essay July 26th, remember it well, but they never got it. So I re-sent it on October 18th, but I'm with you in thinking that it might screw me.

I KNOW I sent the email to the address they gave. Really annoying, but theres nothing we can do at this point. Best of luck to you.

Go Blue!

guys just have faith...one of my classmates got in a week before school started....and its still a long time away from august....so have faith

muz

Members don't see this ad :)
U Michigan is really confusing me. I never got an email or any type of notice that we were supposed to do a secondary essay. I just figured that out a couple days ago after reading this thread. But when I called the admissions office, they said that there is no secondary essay and that the only essay I needed to turn in was my personal statement. BUT now I'm confused after reading this thread again... Can anybody give me some insight as to what is going on? I'm going to call them again tomorrow morning, but is there anyone else who this has happened to?

Toothgirl,

there is DEFINITELY a secondary essay you have to complete. I submitted mine and then I called the school to make sure my application was complete and they said "did you submit your secondary essay online?" ...so not sure who told you that at UofM!

Umich emails you and tells you to submit an essay ASAP

Hey guys, I just got back from UMich inteview. My thoughts: Great campus, school spirit, etc. I really like how the DSchool is right near the main campus, and the interview process was unique and somewhat stressfree/relaxed. Except when you get to the actual admissions committee member.

hiii alll
i just got an interview email :) i was starting to get suuuuper nervous
hang in there ppl!

Toothfairy-

DO you mind posting your stats? Thanks alot.

For those of you who have received your interview invite...
How long did it take them to contact you after submitting your supplemental? Thanks.

toothfairy, what date is your interview? I received an invite today, but it isn't until January 11th...:rolleyes:

I got my email interview invite yesterday for Jan 11th. I can't wait for the interview.

hey for you guys that are getting email invites, when did you submit your aadsas and supplemental essays? i submitted my supplemental essay 10/24 and still no word :(

I submitted my AADSAS application in mid June and I submitted my UMich supplementary essay 8/23.

mine is this friday actually 11/16

anyones flying in to DTW on nov 16?
it seems like cabs are going to cost about half my plane tickets.
I get there at 10:30PM tomorrow (nov 15),
anyone that is flying about the same time wants to share a ride?
PM me if interested

hey for you guys that are getting email invites, when did you submit your aadsas and supplemental essays? i submitted my supplemental essay 10/24 and still no word :(

I would call and ask about the status of your application