U Michigan secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterlily

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
questions:
With the first essay question, regarding pick one significant activity and describe how it impacted us to go into med. I focused on one main activity on my personal statement. I'm not sure if I should pick that for this essay and elaborate on it. Or if I should pick a completely different activity that I didn't focus on in my personal statement, but it didn't have as big of an impact to me than the other activity....what do y'all think?

The email says to NOT use IE to complete the secondary, but perhaps Netscape. I don't like netscape, so I'm wondering if mozilla firebird would work for it? Did anyone else on here NOT use netscape and the application worked fine for you?

Members don't see this ad.

To your second question Mozilla works just fine. On the first part its completely up to you. If you feel your essay would be stronger using something similiar but a different look at it use it. If not I would personally use something different.

waterlily said:
questions:
With the first essay question, regarding pick one significant activity and describe how it impacted us to go into med. I focused on one main activity on my personal statement. I'm not sure if I should pick that for this essay and elaborate on it. Or if I should pick a completely different activity that I didn't focus on in my personal statement, but it didn't have as big of an impact to me than the other activity....what do y'all think?

The email says to NOT use IE to complete the secondary, but perhaps Netscape. I don't like netscape, so I'm wondering if mozilla firebird would work for it? Did anyone else on here NOT use netscape and the application worked fine for you?
Good question on the activities - I did the same thing & have the same question!

FYI: I've been using IE and so far have no problems. I haven't entered any essays yet, I just filled out the coursework section.

I agree on using the same activity in your essay. Your PS focused on you and waht you learned about yourself from this activity, but this is a chance to talk in more detail and directly about this activity. You can use another activity if you really want, but I'm thinking it would psychologically distract ADCOM's since they have already painted a picture of you from your personal statement, your real motivation, and now you are giving them something totally different to think about