U Michigan waitlist info and questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Does anyone have any information on the waitlist movement? After what date should we expect to hear any news from U Michigan?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on that list too and all I know is some years there is no movement and some years about 7-8 move off of it. I don't think they really said when or how much movement to expect.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on that list too and all I know is some years there is no movement and some years about 7-8 move off of it. I don't think they really said when or how much movement to expect.
That is what they have on the website... I was trying to see if any of the last year applicants remember how it was.

sorry to ask this
Just out of curiosity, why do you really want to go to Michigan
I know you have multiple acceptances already :thumbup:

sorry to ask this
Just out of curiosity, why do you really want to go to Michigan
I know you have multiple acceptances already :thumbup:
I have multiple reasons of which some are research and closeness to family:)

I am on that waitlist as well. A person from admissions told me that last year 40 were on the waitlist and they took 20

I am on that waitlist as well. A person from admissions told me that last year 40 were on the waitlist and they took 20
That is good to hear! Do you know when they start taking people from the waitlist?
Thanks

you can definitely speak with the admission, and see when they might move up the list
The class is probably very packed right now
However, i would assume some people are holding multiple seats
Once school finds out, some seats will probably open up
Just my thoughts :)

Haven't heard anything yet :/ Called admissions recently and they said that every year the time the waitlist move varies. So far no one has been taken off the list..I'm still hoping:xf:

Haven't heard anything yet :/ Called admissions recently and they said that every year the time the waitlist move varies. So far no one has been taken off the list..I'm still hoping:xf:
That's the info I got when I called too.
Hopefully the list moves soon:)

haven't heard any new info =( does anyone know if it is beneficial to be wait listed earlier as opposed to later in the process?

Univ of michigan is my #1 pick for this coming cycle.

Can you guys tell me how your interview went with them?

I think the best way to get a feel for Michigan's interview process is to look on the SDN interview feedback. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that the interview feedback can't answer :)

there is a ton of great information on SDN about Michigan's interview process. Look at the interview questions from the last few years and really think through your answers, because you WILL be asked a majority of them. As far as this year's waiting list goes I can tell you three things:

1) The UofM School of Dentistry Class of 2014 Facebook group currently has 112 members. Disclaimer: I know some members of the group are actually in other classes at UofM.

2) The official dentalclass2014 UofM mailing list currently has 107 members.

3) I'm keeping my spot!

You may draw your own conclusions. FYI: I'm not positive, but I think I read somewhere that they aim for a class of 105 students.

FYI: I'm not positive, but I think I read somewhere that they aim for a class of 105 students.

This is true. Also, two people in my class dropped a day or two after school started and administration called people off the waitlist to join our class a few days late.