U.N.I.B.E.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IRON_DUKE

MEDICAL RED NECK ROYALTY
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any UNIBE ( from san jose , costa rica ) grads out there who were able to crossback over to the U.S.A. ?

If so please fill me in and give some idea what the school is like . They look very solid on paper and seem to have an excellent reputation .

So if anyone has ANY information to share , please post it !

P.S. OR ANY THAT HAVE MANAGED TO PASS ANY OR ALL OF THE U.S.M.L.E. /TOEFL/ C.S.A. ................that info I can use also

Members don't see this ad.

STEVE ,

I recieved a reply that you posted something on the U.N.I.B.E. ( COSTA RICA ) thread ........but I dont see anything .

Let me know . Thanks .

MOX

It was a reply about UNIBE in the DR, not Costa Rica.

Members don't see this ad :)
PAGING MEMBER: DRSVD :

Thank you so much for your pointers , that is the cool thing about this forum . MAN , IT HELPS !

I was hoping that you could answer something for me . In your PM , it reads that you did the ( internal rotation ) in costa rica ( INTERNADO ROTATORIO ) . Which would have pushed the time you spent in med school to the fifth year ( 5 years ) . Now did you do this because you " wanted too " ? Or did you do this because you HAD TO COMPLY with some requiste from ( E.C.F.M.G. ) or other authority in the U.S.A. ?

I know that in costa rica no school ( only the UCIMED , which is a 6 year program ) gives an M.D. degree ( MEDICAL DOCTOR ) . The rest of the med schools give out Licenciado en Medicina ( 4 -5 year program ), and then you give the goverment a free year of your time and then the MEDICAL ASSOCIATION gives you the M.D. degree .

Again did you do this cause you wanted too , or did you have to do this to " go back " to the u.s.a. ????

My email is [email protected]

Mox....
I feel like a putz....here I am emailing you about UNIBE in the Dominican Republic and you are asking about Costa Rica. Well, shows you how much my brain is fried..... Sorry....

DUDE ! DONT WORRY ! WHAT I AM WONDERING IS IF YOU HAD TO DO THE FIFTH YEAR OR IF THE ECFMG OR ANY OTHER EDUCATIONAL AUTHORITY IN THE USA , SAYS YOU HAVE TOO ????

COULD THE TWO UNIVERSITIES BE AFFLIIATED ??

I WONDER ABOUT THE " 5TH YEAR INTERNADO ROTATORIO " , CAUSE HERE IN COSTA RICA YOU GET A " LICENCIADO DEGREE " IN 4 YEARS AND THEN THERE IS THE " ONE YEAR INTERNADO ROTATORIO " , THEN THE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION GIVES YOU THE " M.D. " DEGREE .

SOME OF US HERE PLAN ON SKIPING THE " ONE YEAR " AND GO BACK WITH JUST THE LICENCIADO DEGREE , I WONDER IF THE ECFMG WOULD LET US ( OR FOR THAT MATTER ANY OTHER AUTHORITY IN THE US ) ?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by MOX:
DUDE ! DONT WORRY ! WHAT I AM WONDERING IS IF YOU HAD TO DO THE FIFTH YEAR OR IF THE ECFMG OR ANY OTHER EDUCATIONAL AUTHORITY IN THE USA , SAYS YOU HAVE TOO ????

Hey Mox! No I didn't have to do the "fifth year." I don't know what rules the ECFMG has.

COULD THE TWO UNIVERSITIES BE AFFLIIATED ??

Maybe...don't know...

I WONDER ABOUT THE " 5TH YEAR INTERNADO ROTATORIO " , CAUSE HERE IN COSTA RICA YOU GET A " LICENCIADO DEGREE " IN 4 YEARS AND THEN THERE IS THE " ONE YEAR INTERNADO ROTATORIO " , THEN THE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION GIVES YOU THE " M.D. " DEGREE .

In the D.R. you get a M.D. after "Internado" or also known as "4th year" after 4 years. The "one-year" thing is not required by students who want to do their residency in the U.S. (this is all provided you have a Bachelor's of some sort before entering medical school!)

SOME OF US HERE PLAN ON SKIPING THE " ONE YEAR " AND GO BACK WITH JUST THE LICENCIADO DEGREE , I WONDER IF THE ECFMG WOULD LET US ( OR FOR THAT MATTER ANY OTHER AUTHORITY IN THE US ) ?•••••You will definitely have to call ECFMG....their phone is 215-386-5900. And ECFMG is the Authority to talk to!

drsvd.

How come you have info on DR's UNIBE? Are you currently in the DR or something to the likes of this? PM me. As for MOX's question, I don't think these universities are affiliated, but then again, I go to UASD. We do "internado rotatorio" for our 6th year. It's a little longer than UNIBE, but we get a better rep. It's odd. Most foreigners end up applying to UNIBE because they offer their curriculum in english, but I've always wondered how they go through with it, considering that you must speak to patients in spanish anyway...

I want feedback from anybody studying or graduated in Costa Rica Unibe School of Pharmacy. PLEASEEEEEE. Thanks