U. Nevada small envelope, in or out???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Viva LV

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that at least one SDNer got in and at least one got rejected. So...I missed the certified mail today and my SMALL letter(the note said it's not a "large envelope")is waiting at the post office. What will it say?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations !!
I don't know of many ( heck ANY) schools that send rejections via certified mail.

Woohoo! Thanks Ace, I hope you are right. I was thinking (hoping) the same thing. Anyone else have an opinion?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Viva,

I bet it's good news. I got a certified letter from Nevada in the mail today as well, and it was an acceptance! (It was a small envelope...It was a regular business envelope with only a letter and a couple pages of "Essential Functions Standards".) Congrats!

Not too many of us UNR interviewees here at SDN. Actually my interview was 11/5. I got my reject letter like two wks ago. That sux huge. My first interviewer was horrible. im pretty sure it was her first interview ever on the committee. Anyone think i should appeal the decision after the fact? Is it too late....maybe theyll say "should of said something sooner"?

Sproggin, did your letter come priority mail?

Sorry to say this but I did not receive an interview at UNR and my rejection letter came by return/receipt certified mail (it was $3.94 postage). I didn't quite understand the certified mail thing for a rejection but I guess they really wanted to know that I knew that I was rejected...

SLIGHTLY off subject, but to all of you NV acceptees, could you please give any feedback about UNR to a prospective applicant? I am a NV resident and am leaning heavily to applying there, but haven't really had any exposure to what the UNR "experience" is, and am curious if I even fit in their idea of a prospective student. Sorry to get off track there.... LV- my fingers and toes are crossed for you, my fellow Las Vegan!!!! :clap:

It was a certified REJECTION. Damn.

I was really annoyed about the certified mail thing. We had 2 feet of snow and I had to brave the storm to drive to the post-office for a rejection letter!!!! Wonder why they feel the need to use certified mail.Also, I wonder if they took anyone from Alaska this year.