U of Arizona Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Once again i heard rumers that they were supposed to e-mail /mail the first batch of acceptances out today!

Anyone get one? Anyone know if this is actualy what they did?

Havent heard anything from them in quite some time, and it was such a pain in the ass going to thoes 3 interviews that im getting anxious

Who else?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all!

Once again i heard rumers that they were supposed to e-mail /mail the first batch of acceptances out today!

Anyone get one? Anyone know if this is actualy what they did?

Havent heard anything from them in quite some time, and it was such a pain in the ass going to thoes 3 interviews that im getting anxious

Who else?

Who did you hear these rumors from?

I doubt it is true. There is no announcement in the News section of the Admissions website, and they have extended there deadline for application materials to Jan 30th (due to high vol) so I think they will send out acceptances late rather than early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions office said that the full committee does not meet until jan 25th so no acceptances until at least the following week.

Thanks! i could swear seeing january 16th somewhere...

I don't see why u of a is so slow! They have the least number of applicants in the country!

The insanity starts Tuesday.
BTW I heard they have a much higher applicant pool this year. Is it because of the Phoenix Campus opening? Even though they are still only accepting in-State residents.

Everyone cross your fingers because UA admissions are a crapshoot.

The insanity starts Tuesday.
BTW I heard they have a much higher applicant pool this year. Is it because of the Phoenix Campus opening? Even though they are still only accepting in-State residents.

Yeah last year they had 500 applicants this year they had (when I last emailed about a few days ago) was 650 applicants. I can only assume its because of the Phoenix campus, but who really knows.

They said they would tell you campus placement when you get the acceptance, but do you think they will include it in the email? If any of us are accepted tomorrow (and :luck: to us all), please post if they told you campus placement. Thanks!

They said they would tell you campus placement when you get the acceptance, but do you think they will include it in the email? If any of us are accepted tomorrow (and :luck: to us all), please post if they told you campus placement. Thanks!

I am almost positive we won't know campus placement until late March. At least, I think that was what was said on interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what time they will be releasing the email? Not to split hairs or anything...

Let the countdown begin, make sure to post whoever gets the email first.. :scared:

Is tomorrow just acceptances emails or are there also gonna be waitlist and rejections?

tomorrow is just the first round of acceptances, the rejections come out in March, I suspect that in April the wait list will come out. That is about the timeframe it was last year.

25 minutes and counting... err, who is counting? :p

ha, i thought if i checked SDN today there would be a current post about the U of A. good luck all, it's 9:06 AM and I have no email:sleep:

sure, i just must have not made it into the first review pool.... right. good luck everyone!:luck:

Nevermind! Time stamped 9:08 acceptance! Geez, I don't know if I ever thought I would have to make this kind of decision for medical school.

C'mon people, someone else has to be checking their email right now.

Nevermind! Time stamped 9:08 acceptance! Geez, I don't know if I ever thought I would have to make this kind of decision for medical school.

Congrats AZhopeful!

Wish I could join you in celebrating! I was told I was definitely not in the first review group. Another 2 weeks for me! :(

ah, well, that's one thing if you know you're not in the first review group. that's what we call a 'good' reason, as opposed to you haven't been accepted yet because we're screwing with you or we don't know if you quite cut it.

don't worry, the two weeks will flyyyy by.:luck:

ah, well, that's one thing if you know you're not in the first review group. that's what we call a 'good' reason, as opposed to you haven't been accepted yet because we're screwing with you or we don't know if you quite cut it.

don't worry, the two weeks will flyyyy by.:luck:

how do you know if you will be in the first review group?

AZ hopeful, what letter does your last name start with?

G. what letter does your first name start with?

edit: i just realized i posted a minute after you. that was complete coincidence; i'm totally not watching SDN while I do homework that is due this afternoon.

D... I'm waiting to check my email in case they are doing it in alphabetical order. Thanks :)

how do you know if you will be in the first review group?

When I called to check if everything had been turned in to the admissions office, I asked when we would be notified. She said some of my stuff came in after the cut off for the first group, so I probably would be reviewed in the mid-Feb group. I also interviewed late December, so that probably has something to do with it.

Congrats AZHopeful, was your campus assigned in the email or does it say anything about that?

When I called to check if everything had been turned in to the admissions office, I asked when we would be notified. She said some of my stuff came in after the cut off for the first group, so I probably would be reviewed in the mid-Feb group. I also interviewed late December, so that probably has something to do with it.

do you know when the cut-off was?

D... I'm waiting to check my email in case they are doing it in alphabetical order. Thanks :)

oh, i asked for your first name because i just found out a friend of mine posts on here and i thought it was you.

and no, there is no campus assignment stuff in the email. just your average "don't fail your classes, we're very proud to accept you into our grand tradition, etc. etc."

BTW, i finished my last interview(PHX campus) in early Dec. i think it was dec. 4 or something. anyway, the admissions lady there said that she thought she'd be able to get all of our stuff in right away and just squeak us into the first review group, so it sounds like I just made it in. i would guess that anyone who had an interview after VERY early december did not make the first group.

Would you mind telling us your stats, GPA / MCAT? I know we shouldn't be comparing that as most applications are different, but we are always curious. :p

-- Nevermind saw your mdapplicant profile... good God, nice job on your MCAT :p

Would you mind telling us your stats, GPA / MCAT? I know we shouldn't be comparing that as most applications are different, but we are always curious. :p

if you scroll up the thread a ways to the first time I posted in this thread it will show my forum signature, which has the link to my mdapps profile. there you can find everything that you never wanted to know about me. i also like dogs and long walks on the beach.

Ahh, U of A. You canny mynx. I am in awe of your inconsistency.

Not to take anything from those who have been accepted already, but I know of a few people (myself included) who are relatively sure they are in the first review group who have been very successful elsewhere during the application cycle who did not get the email this morning.

In fact, I know of a person who has applied twice, (with stellar statistics the second time around) who didn't get the email. It only furthers my distrust and distaste of the U of A admissions process. Personally, I had some legitimate thoughts of turning down a top school to attend UA so that I could stay in AZ, and I made my desire to stay in-state well known during my interviews. I am not surprised by my lack of acceptance, because I've heard the scenario too many times to consider it novel. In fact, on the interview trail I met several former AZ residents (at other schools of course) who were accepted across the board and yet rejected at UA.

At the moment, however, I'm still agitated at having to waste three separate days (of which during one I was completely shown up by my interviewer and during the other was treated to a 30+ minute wait) to trudge through the abyss that substitutes for their interview process. The Tucson interview day was by far the least professional interview I have ever attended. Despite all of that, I still harbored some hope that I wouldn't be cold-shouldered by my state school.

I know that most of what I said may have sounded bitter, but I sincerely congratulate those of you who were accepted, and I wish those of you in anticipation of a decision the best of luck.

Randomapplicant,

for what it's worth, i completely agree with you. The whole UA process left a bitter taste in my mouth, especially the Tucson day. I agree that it was entirely unprofessional and poorly done.

I too have heard of many applicants who got fantastic acceptances but rejected at UA. I agree their process is a crapshoot(as in, even more than others) and that they have a lot of problems, not just with the new curriculum but espECIALLY with the admissions process.

There are a couple of other threads on SDN where I and a few others have posted about this. I have not met a single person(after talking to quite a few) who have had anything close to a 'good' experience with the UACOM admissions process.

As for the cold-shoulder, you may just be in a later review group. I know that sounds crappy, but it's just the (screwed up) way they run things.

Randomapplicant,

for what it's worth, i completely agree with you. The whole UA process left a bitter taste in my mouth, especially the Tucson day. I agree that it was entirely unprofessional and poorly done.

I too have heard of many applicants who got fantastic acceptances but rejected at UA. I agree their process is a crapshoot(as in, even more than others) and that they have a lot of problems, not just with the new curriculum but espECIALLY with the admissions process.

There are a couple of other threads on SDN where I and a few others have posted about this. I have not met a single person(after talking to quite a few) who have had anything close to a 'good' experience with the UACOM admissions process.

As for the cold-shoulder, you may just be in a later review group. I know that sounds crappy, but it's just the (screwed up) way they run things.

To give credit where credit is due, I personally had a really great interview experience at UofA. Besides the obvious fact that 3 different interviews at 3 different locations is somewhat of a pain, all my interviewers were really great. They all seemed interested in what I had to say and excited about the school and the new curriculum. Maybe I had a rather unique experience, but for the most part, I was content with the process.

I have also had interviews at other school that were just as great (although compacted into one day). Perhaps my expectations were so low, as posted previously by fellow applicants, that I expected the worst.

hmm....one may never know.

Have you decided which campus (Phoenix, Tucson) you want to attend?

How many ppl got emails? Doesn't seem like very many.

I am not sure how many were sent out preliminarily. But AZHopeful is the only confirmed one on here.

I just emailed Ann, and she responded back that 40 people were sent an acceptance this morning. So about 30% of the seats were offered up today. She stated she wasn't sure how many would be sent out in February or March.

Good luck to everyone in the second and final round!

Got my email at 9:40 this morning. Have to go on a plane now...congrats to the other acceptances and :luck: to all.

Ahh, U of A. You canny mynx. I am in awe of your inconsistency.

Not to take anything from those who have been accepted already, but I know of a few people (myself included) who are relatively sure they are in the first review group who have been very successful elsewhere during the application cycle who did not get the email this morning.

In fact, I know of a person who has applied twice, (with stellar statistics the second time around) who didn't get the email. It only furthers my distrust and distaste of the U of A admissions process. Personally, I had some legitimate thoughts of turning down a top school to attend UA so that I could stay in AZ, and I made my desire to stay in-state well known during my interviews. I am not surprised by my lack of acceptance, because I've heard the scenario too many times to consider it novel. In fact, on the interview trail I met several former AZ residents (at other schools of course) who were accepted across the board and yet rejected at UA.

At the moment, however, I'm still agitated at having to waste three separate days (of which during one I was completely shown up by my interviewer and during the other was treated to a 30+ minute wait) to trudge through the abyss that substitutes for their interview process. The Tucson interview day was by far the least professional interview I have ever attended. Despite all of that, I still harbored some hope that I wouldn't be cold-shouldered by my state school.

I know that most of what I said may have sounded bitter, but I sincerely congratulate those of you who were accepted, and I wish those of you in anticipation of a decision the best of luck.

I totally agree! From what i understand u of a is actualy loosing some respect in this medical community. A few weeks ago i met another individual at U of A who strongly advised me to go anywhere but here.

Looks like U of A is going to make my decision pretty easy for me though! New York it is!

I totally agree! From what i understand u of a is actualy loosing some respect in this medical community. A few weeks ago i met another individual at U of A who strongly advised me to go anywhere but here.

Looks like U of A is going to make my decision pretty easy for me though! New York it is!

It's not losing respect...it's still the only med school in the state

Congrats to everyone that got an email this morning.

I'm so disappointed that I didn't hear anything. I know I'm mimicking what a few people have said, but I really really expected to hear from them today! I just don't even know what to think...

Anyone have a spare shoulder to be bewildered on?

Congrats to everyone that got an email this morning.

I'm so disappointed that I didn't hear anything. I know I'm mimicking what a few people have said, but I really really expected to hear from them today! I just don't even know what to think...

Anyone have a spare shoulder to be bewildered on?

I totally feel you! Nice SDN name, you never responded to my text message today though! I was personally using you as the standard thinking for sure you would get the email and then I'de know to stop checking mine...

Feel free to call, or myspace message me if you want to complain about u of a admissions!

I totally feel you! Nice SDN name, you never responded to my text message today though! I was personally using you as the standard thinking for sure you would get the email and then I'de know to stop checking mine...

Feel free to call, or myspace message me if you want to complain about u of a admissions!

Hey, I didn't get a text message from you today... go figure. It's such a let down! I just might be myspacing you.

Hey, I didn't get a text message from you today... go figure. It's such a let down! I just might be myspacing you.

There is still time! Just because you didn't hear today doesn't mean you are out of the running!

Only 2 more weeks till we get to go through this crazed e-mail checking again!

Hi all. I am finally in my hotel and so (the geek that I am) I logged right on to SDN. To add bit of info- the acceptance email said we would find out about our campus placement in mind-March. I put Phoenix as #1, but I have no idea what criteria they will use when deciding where to place us. Do they care about prior ties to Phoenix or educational goals, etc? I have NO ties to Phoenix so I think they will try to give me Tucson. I don't think I'll go if I get Tucson though.

AZhopeful- congrats! Which campus did you pick for #1?

So, were there only three acceptances here?