U of Chicago email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can add U of Chicago to the list of schools wanting printed AMCAS apps.

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine! We look forward to working with you throughout this application process.

We understand that you are applying to medical school in an application year for which there is an additional level of complexity and, at times, confusion. Please be assured that we are here as resources for you throughout the application process. We will, at each point, develop any strategies needed to insure an efficient, complete, and fair review of your application. Our commitment to doing this means that at this point we must ask for your help. In order to insure that your application to Pritzker can be processed in a timely manner we ask that you now provide us with a copy of your certified AMCAS application. Submit the AMCAS application available to you at this point, either verified or unverified. But, only submit your application after it has been certified by AMCAS. The certification date will be visible in the upper left-hand corner of the first page of your AMCAS application. Please choose one of the methods below.

Your AMCAS application can be faxed to: ATTN: AMCAS AP 773-834-5412

Your AMCAS application can be mailed to: 104W
Office of Medical Education
Pritzker School of Medicine
University of Chicago
924 E. 57th Street
Chicago, IL 60637

Your AMCAS application can be emailed to: [email protected]
(If you choose this option it is best to send it as an html file follow the instructions below)
Go to the print preview section of the online application this opens a new window
Save this window as an .html file
Send it as an email attachment

Thank you for the dedication you are demonstrating in your attention to this application process. Please contact us with questions at the above admissions email or phone us at 773-702-1937. We look forward to receiving your application. Best wishes.

R. Eric Lombard, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid

Sylvia Robertson
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid

Members don't see this ad.

I got this email today too, and am very pleased.

this school is the first (that I've seen) to be intelligent enough to realize that SAVING the .html of the 'Print your application' is more efficient and faster [the whole point of doing this] than sending it in the mail! ;)
It's one of those things that make u go 'why didn't I think of that?'

Kudos to U of Chicago for their continued efforts to help us in this "Trial AMCAS year" :rolleyes:

Why are med schools continuing to ask for printed AMCAS apps when AMCAS specifically stated they will be mailing out full paper apps soon anyways?

Premeds not trusting AMCAS is one thing, but its at a whole new level when even the med schools dont trust them.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm...saving the file as HTML would give U chicago the list of the schools i'm applying to...i guess i'll just mail it...2 days...

Originally posted by Paulista:
•hmmm...saving the file as HTML would give U chicago the list of the schools i'm applying to...i guess i'll just mail it...2 days...•
I sent the darn thing in anyway by email. I don't have high hopes for getting in there, and I don't think it could damage my chances any further to show them that I applied to 29 other schools.

Originally posted by Smoke This:
Originally posted by Paulista:
[qb]hmmm...saving the file as HTML would give U chicago the list of the schools i'm applying to...i guess i'll just mail it...2 days...•
I sent the darn thing in anyway by email. I don't have high hopes for getting in there, and I don't think it could damage my chances any further to show them that I applied to 29 other schools.[/QB]

If you have an HTML editor, you can just remove it. Or if you can recognize the code for that section, you can use wordpad to delete it.