Human_Genome

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 31, 2002
California
Visit site
Status
For those whoa re applying to U. Cincinnati medical school,

for their secondaries, do you just use your AMCAS personal statement, or do you write a new essay? Their secondary question is "Provide a personal statement to indicate your reasons and motivation for selecting a career in medicine. The response to this question may be identical to your response on the AMCAS 2003 Application." I pretty much talked about my reasons and motivation in my AMCAS personal statemnt already.

Zoobaby

Monkey Wrench
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
BFE
Visit site
Status
I can't answer your question, but would you mind telling those of us who have not yet been verified what all is on the secondary?

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just pasted my personal statement rather than write a whole other essay. I know one guy who got accepted there last year that did the same. As for what is on the app. (hey Zoobaby), they ask for all of your science courswork and grades. Some biographical info and info about your parents. They want you to list 6 non-academic activities and 6 ways that you investigated a career in medicine.

About the Ads

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Status
Hi!

Is it OK to use the same activity for both non-academic and ways that I investigated a career in medicine? Did you guys just copy and paste from the Experience Description section of the AMCAS? Do you think I should write more?

Last question, would it be bad not to have filled out all six ways that I investigated a career in medicine?

Thanks!!!

UCLA Paratrooper

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
one or two of mine were the same.

The application said to "list" the experiences, so I didn't really provide any explanation of them, although space was provided.
I hope I didn't @#$% up.:confused:

TSpoon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Visit site
Status
I am attending this fall and I just cut/copy/pasted my essays from the AMCAS. I think that basically UC is skirting AMCAS and doing it through their own system, so a copy is fine.

Good luck to all applying this fall and if you have q's about UC feel free to PM me.

Zoobaby

Monkey Wrench
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
BFE
Visit site
Status
Hey Octo -

Thanks for the info. You are a gentleman and a scholar (and there are so few of us left. :) )

CSU!
CSU!
CSU!

shekspere

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2002
kent-Ohio
Visit site
Status
I'd recommend that you write 2 different essay (not markedly diff) b/cos during UC interviews your file is reviewed BEFOREHAND (as of 2002 appl process @ least). Peace

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Status
Since Cincinnati's secondary says:

Please LIST below those activities which best demonstrate your exploration of medicine as a career.

Shoud I not describe the activities like I did in the Experience Descriptions in AMCAS?

Thanks!

UCLA Paratrooper

About the Ads