SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

U of colorado waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by tiff5, Apr 29, 2007.

1. tiff5

tiff5 2+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2007
    anyone got a letter from U of colorado and on the waitlist?
    anyone know how many are on the waitlist,,?
    what is the chance of getting in if the spot open?
    they did not give waitlist ranking..so how do we know? call them and ask?..

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Cutepuppy6

Cutepuppy6 2+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2007
    I'm waitlisted.
    I can't answer any of your questions coz I don't know either.. if you know something, plz let me know. :)
    Did you get a letter from school?
    They don't rank ppl on the waitlist for sure.
    Maybe.. we can call them and ask what's going on now.
    wonder whether anyone got rejected.

I guess not many ppl who applied to U of C use SDN.

4. tiff5

tiff5 2+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2007
    yea, i got a letter from U of C last week.
    i don't know my ranking.
    and i don't know how many are on the waitlist.
    can you please call them and ask what is going on?
    :confused:
    by the way, my friend got rejected. sad..

5. shabushabu247

shabushabu247

Apr 23, 2007
    hey tiff and cutepup,
    I've been waitlisted too...I would love to answer those questions but I'm in the same boat as you guys...except you tiff...did you get accepted to the USN if yes congrats...I should've applied to more than one school ... oh well, can you find out the specifics on your friend who got a rejection letter? email? did he or she not get any interview or they got rejected after the interview ...if you could find the specs that would be much appreciated
    I wish more ppl would respond if they know any specs on UCHSC policy or if they went through it...

6. tiff5

tiff5 2+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2007
    my friend got a rejection letter last week.
    she had on-site interview on March 5th, GPA well over 3.7
    and had a secondary phone interview on April 5th. (non-native speaker)
    sad....
    i got in to University of Southern Nevada,, but I am Colorado resident, but U of Colorado waitlisted...
    i wanna find out wailtlist numbers..but i am scared to call them and ask my rank...
    anybody.....can youguys call them ask your rank?

7. patmcd

patmcd Senior Member Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Southern US
    As I recall they won't tell you a number

8. Cutepuppy6

Mar 9, 2007
    If I can't get in this year I'll definitely apply to much more schools next year.. like 20 schools. Applying to a single school is totally nerve-racking and not worth it. :mad:

tiff5.. you can call the admissions office.. why are you scared?
    It's funny that they won't answer any of your questions though. :confused:
    They repeatedly say they don't rank people on the waitlist and we should just wait. I heard nothing else.. but you can try. :)

At least, you got into one school~ congrats~!

shabushabu247.. I assume you are a colorado resident since you applied to this school only, right? are you native or non-native speaker?

9. tiff5

tiff5 2+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2007
    i will just call them and decline.....:mad:

10. shabushabu247

shabushabu247

Apr 23, 2007
    i didn't understand your last response ... what are you declining? The lady at UCHSC told me that rejection letters were sent via email...do you know exactly what it said and what his or her stats were on the interview? I was told that we have up to the first day of class ...i'll try to find more info

cutepup, i am a native

11. tiff5

tiff5 2+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2007
    my friend actually got a rejection letter, not through via email,,,
    it was a small envelop...

Since, i got in to USN, so,, i will move to NEVADA..and decline the offer of waitlist (U of Colorado)
    if U of colorado let me in july or august,,still i cannot go in..because i have to take some more required classes through summer..
    i have too much stuff to do before i move in to Nevada,,(visit my country, look for apartment in Nevada,,etc.)
    so..that is my decision

12. cw_ek9

cw_ek9 2+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2006
    SoCal

Congrats on getting into USN. I'm actually in a similiar situation like you. I got into CO but Im waitlisted at USN (not top 50). ALthough I want to go to USN because its a lot closer to home... I dont think I'll be notified soon enough to change my decision. I think earliest I'll know is mid July, which by then I'll probably be moving to Colorado already. I wished we could've switched roles :D

13. bioGurl6397

bioGurl6397 2+ Year Member

Jan 27, 2007
    At least you all heard something from the school!:)

As for me, I haven't heard anything yet!
    I had called each week...and still the the same responses!:rolleyes:

But, when I'd call today, they said they had send out my stuff????
    What stuff.....I asked? they said the content can't be review over the phone. I have to suffer another day. I sure hope its not a wait listed or rejection letter.

Someone please shoot me!:eek:

14. Cutepuppy6

Mar 9, 2007
    God bless all of us who are still suffering from waiting !! :)

15. bioGurl6397

Jan 27, 2007
    I got my letter yesterday...and I am definitely in!
    Although, I have to take a summer program...that starts May 29th. Whatever, I am in....I am so happy. Good luck to you all!:)

Did anyone get a letter stating that they have to go to this summer program? If you did...cool I'll see you there!

16. rxcrystal

rxcrystal 2+ Year Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Phoenix, Arizona
    That's weird. What's the summer program? Do only certain people have to do that?

17. futureRXdealer

futureRXdealer Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I could be mistaken, but I think it is a program aimed towards minorities. The school wants to promote diversity in the sop, so they have a summer pharmacy program to introduce these students to one another and to the profession. I think its called the pepsi summer something or other. I read about it when I was looking to apply. If I remember correctly the OP is non-native, which is why they told her she needs to go to the summer program. Also.... I am not quite sure this is the same school. So....don't quote me.

Edit:

This could be the program:

"Recognizing the value of diversity in the student body, the CU SOP seeks qualified individuals for the pharmacy program who contribute to the cultural diversity of the CU SOP, are economically or educationally disadvantaged or are first generation college students. Prospective students interested in the Summer Enrichment Program should plan to have all pre-pharmacy coursework completed prior to the summer semester in order to be eligible. There may be a separate application or procedure for applying to the Summer Enrichment Program; selections are made by the Admissions Committee."

18. bioGurl6397

Jan 27, 2007
    Be happy that you dont have to attend this summer program.
    Basically, it is a ESL program for non-native speaker whom are accepted, but need to inhance their english proficency skills. I'll take it anyway, I can. I'll meet you all this Fall!

I am also looking for a roomate...I have a house, about 35 minutes away from the school. In a very safe location. I am willing to car pool.

19. Lurkerkat

Lurkerkat Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Congrats on getting in! I can't imagine how it was waiting until May, must be a huge weight off of your shoulders. :D

20. Cutepuppy6

Mar 9, 2007
    OMG.. bioGurl6397.. Congrats!!!
    I'm so jealous!!
    If I got in, I might take the offer for the roomate.

The end of this agony seems so remote.... sigh..

21. Cutepuppy6

Mar 9, 2007
    OMG.. bioGurl6397.. Congrats!!!
    I'm so jealous!!
    If I got in, I might take the offer for the roomate. :laugh:

The end of this agony seems so remote.... sigh..

22. shaun009

shaun009 Member 5+ Year Member

Mar 4, 2006
    It sucks you have to take the program but you've already jumped through a lot of meaningless hoops to get to this point, why not one more? Honestly though, I think this is an important class to have to take. People need to be able to clearly understand you and, in most cases, do so in times when they aren't feeling 100%. If you had to go to another foreign country, you'd be expected to do the same. Lucky for you, English is an easy language to master.

23. bioGurl6397

Jan 27, 2007
    Thanks! I feel so relieved now, its all over! Its not fair that I have to wait so long for a response, and now I have to take up a summer program. Whatever...I'm in now...that's what matter most! This summer program suppose to prepare me for P1. It better, because it's taking up my summer!
    I can't wait to meet all of you guys!

Cutepuppy6...just let me know about the housing.

24. Cutepuppy6

Mar 9, 2007
    Is there anyone on the waitlist who is still waiting to hear from school?

any news?

Last time I called, about 2 weeks ago, they said they would make their decisions in two weeks..

25. PrePharmacyDude

PrePharmacyDude Banned

Sep 25, 2007
    I hope to know soon.