U of Iowa Carver GPA cut off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc3909

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey friends,

Does anyone know about GPA cutoffs for Carver medical school? Whether it is sGPA or cGPA. And how they view SMP GPA

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
10th %ile is 3.5 for cGPA and 3.3 for sGPA. Add 0.2 for those if you're from OOS.

As for SMP, I'd surmise yes if you're a Hawkeye. According to MSAR, 12 students (out of 152) attended post-bac programs to complete requirements; 7 attended SMPs and 3 had advanced degrees. So, ~5% of the Class attended an SMP and so I'd say they are OK with those programs.

Just keep in mind that U IA really likes IS applicants. About 1/3 IS applicants matriculate, and 6/7 IS applicants land IIs!!!

Hey friends,

Does anyone know about GPA cutoffs for Carver medical school? Whether it is sGPA or cGPA. And how they view SMP GPA

Thanks! :)

Reactions: 1 user
10th %ile is 3.5 for cGPA and 3.3 for sGPA. Add 0.2 for those if you're from OOS.

As for SMP, I'd surmise yes if you're a Hawkeye. According to MSAR, 12 students (out of 152) attended post-bac programs to complete requirements; 7 attended SMPs and 3 had advanced degrees. So, ~5% of the Class attended an SMP and so I'd say they are OK with those programs.

Just keep in mind that U IA really likes IS applicants. About 1/3 IS applicants matriculate, and 6/7 IS applicants land IIs!!!

Thank you!! I am IS as of this year so I'm super excited!!