U. of Iowa, Kentucky, Creighton, Midwestern in Chicago, Southern Nevada anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skp

free to highest bidder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are the pharmacy schools I applied to. Some I know more about than others. I would be interested to know if any of you applied to any of these schools or if anyone has any good reasons why one of them is "head and shoulders" above the others. Thanks and have a good day!!

-skp

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to UK in the summer and I know that it is one of the top programs in the country and very competitive. Are you out of state, if so, they only take less than 10% from out of state. I hope you do well and good luck!

I applied to Creighton through pharmcas, then they sent an email to say that they're requiring interviews this year. Guess I just wasted my money :(

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, I'm out of state for kentucky...but I new about the 10% thing...so I'm taking a pretty big chance with them.

goheel--with Creighton, don't they allow for phone interviews?

i applied to midwestern in chicago. had to write a bunch of essays for them, hope it pays off.

Seriously, what is up with Midwestern asking you to regurgitate all our your pharmCAS material for their "supplemental application" -- it makes me think they are part of pharmCAS b/c other schools are doing it and that they don't really use that much of the info from it...

PharmCAS "applying just got easier" "apply once"
What a joke!

skp said:
Seriously, what is up with Midwestern asking you to regurgitate all our your pharmCAS material for their "supplemental application"

That's not what they ask you to do. MWU's supplemental essays give you an opportunity to expand your personal statement and leave room for you to indicate why you have chosen to apply specifically to MWU. And I wouldn't get sour so soon :rolleyes: -- if you get an invitation to their mandatory campus visit, you'll have another writing exercise that will be evaluated by the adcom.

FutureRxGal said:
That's not what they ask you to do. MWU's supplemental essays give you an opportunity to expand your personal statement and leave room for you to indicate why you have chosen to apply specifically to MWU. And I wouldn't get sour so soon :rolleyes: -- if you get an invitation to their mandatory campus visit, you'll have another writing exercise that will be evaluated by the adcom.

don't worry, I got sour along time ago. I suppose this is how I deal with the stress--complain to myself?! However, one thing intrigues me...how do you know so much about Midwestern when your down in Florida? Also, I understand the "expanding" of the personal statement but I think this is overkill--I mean besides the "specifically MWU" section, everything else was really on my PharmCAS app. I spent loads of time on PCAS transcripts and MU wanted me know manually send them the same information?? I don't understand? I'm not bitter, I just sound bitter :)

BTW: I have already completed the supplemental application and all of the written questions--I'm just post-venting (new word?)

so you decided against going???

oh, i didn't know they were running those already! nice temperature dip for ya

If I might ask, Why did you apply at MU-CCP?

skp said:
If I might ask, Why did you apply at MU-CCP?

I am not limited on the locations or number of schools in which I can apply. I like the idea of group work and MWU's curriculum. There are many residency opportunities close by. Also, they have a early graduation option for select students.