U of Iowa or Thomas Jefferson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuantumX

Spinning
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
While we're at it, or U of Cincinnati?

Being an IMG, I really don't know how I'd choose since I'm not intimately familiar with any of these programs, except what I knew on my interview days and that wasn't enough. I need some sincere help.

My goal is to pursue a fellowship after IM (not sure what, equally attracted to everything except rheum) .My gut feelings were Iowa-Cinci-TJU, but a friend advised against guts and recommended brains. That's why I'm in a muddle.

Another factor is that my wife is applying next year, for IM too. If I were to match in Iowa, it'd be a must for her to match there too, since it is the only residency program in Iowa City.

If anyone can give me any input, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

univ of iowa is better than cinicinatti , and as far as US news is concerned, it is ranked #22 or maybe a little higher for IM. thomas jefferson is good, but im not sure if it is as high as u of iowa. hope this helped. i suggest u go with ure gut.

I don't know much about U of Iowa or U of Cinci, but I can tell you about Jefferson (I am an MS4 here). They have a strong clinical reputation in the area, and their fellowship match rates are extremely good. They have matched almost everyone in cards and GI that applied in the past couple years. Hope that helps.

Hani said:
While we're at it, or U of Cincinnati?

Being an IMG, I really don't know how I'd choose since I'm not intimately familiar with any of these programs, except what I knew on my interview days and that wasn't enough. I need some sincere help.

My goal is to pursue a fellowship after IM (not sure what, equally attracted to everything except rheum) .My gut feelings were Iowa-Cinci-TJU, but a friend advised against guts and recommended brains. That's why I'm in a muddle.

Another factor is that my wife is applying next year, for IM too. If I were to match in Iowa, it'd be a must for her to match there too, since it is the only residency program in Iowa City.

If anyone can give me any input, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks