U of Iowa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wu-Tang Killa Bee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an African-American male and I am very interested in U of Iowa. I have an interview next month and I want to know the "real deal" about the African-American experience. What activities are there? Where can I get groomed? Where are the hang out spots? Any info would be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

Go to <a href="http://www.dailyiowan.com" target="_blank">www.dailyiowan.com</a>

bump...
does anyone have anything to say about iowa?
-star

I went to the University of Iowa for several years during undergrad. I also received my paramedic training at the university hospital.
all I can say is that it is an amazingly huge, 1,000 plus beds, teaching university. Very new looking. The hospital doubles as a museum and has art all over the place. This way they get money for being a hospital and money for fine arts and stuff.

There are all of the usual college bars to hang out at. some are notoriously undergrad hangouts while others are for the older crowd. The pedestrian mall downtown is where most of the bars are located, but there are several in the neighborhing town of Coralville also.

There are a ton of sports to watch at the university and a pretty big city is just north 20 minutes called Cedar Rapids which has pretty much everything. Chicago is only 4 hours east also.

later,