U of Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizardgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how often the review committee at Iowa meets to review interviewed candidate apps? Is it every week?

:) Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think so, at the interview it sounded like they would look at about 70 each week. I'm not exactly sure how they do it, but I think they must accept the ones they want for sure each week, then go back and fill the rest of the spots. It's the only way I can think of that the last ones looked aren't at a disadvantage. I take it you haven't heard from them yet either?? All this waiting is making me crazy!! haha :)

All this waiting is terrible! When was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was in the afternoon on february 11th. When was your's?

I had an interview on March 4th too, and still haven't heard anything from them yet. I remember the dean said they hope they will have reviewed all the applications by the end of March. Hopefully, we will hear from them soon. Personally, I don't think I did well on the interview. Good luck to all.

I have always gotten the impression from Iowa that once you get an interview it becomes the main factor as to whether you get admitted or not. I even asked Lori Kaiser about it. She said, "Well, yeah more or less, that's how it is." I spent a whole two weeks studying and practicing my interview. I interviewed on the afternoon of the 4th and I was fortunate to get accepted.

For those of you who thought you didn't do too well: your own perception isn't always the most accurate one. It's not over until you get your letter!

Good luck guys.

Brixius said:
I spent a whole two weeks studying and practicing my interview.

Two weeks! They emailed me on the afternoon of March 2nd to tell me about my interview on the 4th. We were on vacation and had just gotten there on the 2nd! We had to turn around and leave the next day to get back for the interview.

Thanks for the input! :)

lizardgirl said:
Two weeks! They emailed me on the afternoon of March 2nd to tell me about my interview on the 4th. We were on vacation and had just gotten there on the 2nd! We had to turn around and leave the next day to get back for the interview.

Thanks for the input! :)

LOL, yeah two weeks more or less -- inbetween work and whatnot. I put all my eggs in one basket with Iowa; my trips to Florida convinced me that Florida schools weren't worth the effort to apply.

What day did they let you know you were in?

lizardgirl said:
What day did they let you know you were in?

It was the 6th of March I believe.

Where are you from? What school do you go to now?