U of Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many questions do they ask you in the interview? From the pharmacy students, do they want you to brief in your answers or are lengthy answers better? Or does it just depend on the question?

They ask around 10-15... of course, some of these are in response to an answer you gave to a previous question... as for the length of the answers... don't ramble on forever, but make sure you elaborate enough. Don't just give a one sentence answer.. make sure you are thorough, but not repeating yourself over and over.

Members don't see this ad.

People who interviewed today..how did it go? Hope it went well..and good luck for the March 1st group :luck:

People who interviewed today..how did it go? Hope it went well..and good luck for the March 1st group :luck:

I was very impressed that Michael Kelly wanted to meet with all of us. I met some really fun and nice people who were also interviewing. The tour was a little long, but it was my last event of the day. I think it went well, but I'll just have to wait and see...

Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed on Feb. 16 and I was impressed with school. I liked it alot. Now we just have to wait and see.

So, if I haven't gotten a call/email from them yet, does that mean that I most likely won't get an interview invite? (assuming those are the only 3 interview dates)

Same here, nothing heard yet from them except your application is complete and being reviewed. :confused:

I don't recall if I saw that they were strictly having 3 interview dates. Maybe they'll have another one so that it's 2 sessions in february and 2 in march. You can always call too and inquire about the status of your application.

I don't recall if I saw that they were strictly having 3 interview dates. Maybe they'll have another one so that it's 2 sessions in february and 2 in march. You can always call too and inquire about the status of your application.

historically they've only had 3 interview dates.. but you could call and see how your application is looking. there's always hope until you get sent a rejection letter! march is 2 weeks away so there's time!

I'm pretty sure they're only having the 3 interview dates. I am taking an economics course at the UI as this is the only course I didn't take when I got my BA and my advisor is the gal who checks to ensure you have all your pre-reqs in order, and that's what she had told me.

Michael Kelly said there were only 3 interview days (Feb 9, Feb 16, and Mar. 1)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told you're allowed to ask the panel your own questions, infact they recommend it. I really can't think of anything? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was told you're allowed to ask the panel your own questions, infact they recommend it. I really can't think of anything? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yea, you should definitely ask questions. Just think of stuff you want to know about the school.. a lot of people ask the student interviewer about student life (job, how much free time they have, etc...) or you could ask about how to get involved in research or about rotations. Asking questions just shows that you are interested in the school and most interviewers (at least at Iowa) seem to expect that you'll ask questions.

If you really don't have any specific questions, you could try looking over the curriculum on their website and try to think of questions you could ask about that. Maybe think of questions to ask about IPPE or rotations. Remember, as much as the school is interviewing you, you should be interviewing the school as well to see if the program is what you're looking for. Good luck! :luck:

Had my interview today!! I think it went well:D There were a lot of second time interviewees. Now the waiting begins:scared:

So I'm guessing, for those who haven't heard from Iowa, it can be assumed that we've been rejected (since March 1st was the last interview date)?

Anyone hear back from their interview in February?

I am still waiting also. I imagine some people are going to start hearing this week since it has been one month since they started interviewing...I guess the people who are lucky enough to get their files "randomly" pulled first...

still waiting as well. i wonder how "random" the reviews really are. hopefully we all find out something soon!

From what I understand they use a system to ensure a random draw, like a number generator or something.

Hmmm...the random review thing just seems like it would be inefficient to me. But they must have their reasons for the way they do things!

Does Iowa send you a letter or email telling you if you got in or rejected? I can't stand the anticipation, I'm going nuts.

Berkley, since you've applied to so many schools, if you get accepted to several, what are your first choices and where does Iowa stand in the mix?

Berkley, since you've applied to so many schools, if you get accepted to several, what are your first choices and where does Iowa stand in the mix?

Iowa's primary method of communication is via email. That's why I keep checking my email thousand times a day:scared:
I know that they just started reviewing applications last week..because they waited after the last group-march 1st. My interview was more than a month ago!! I'm soo anxious..good luck to all of us!:luck:

iowa is in my top three with ohio state and campbell
id consider myself incredible lucky to have a choice

Does Iowa send you a letter or email telling you if you got in or rejected? I can't stand the anticipation, I'm going nuts.

Dean Kelly will send you an email if you're accepted... last year I found out the Thursday before Spring Break I think... so hopefully you guys will hear soon!! Good luck!! You'll then get a letter in the mail a little while later with your "official" acceptance... I don't know how long it takes them to reject people... I assume if you got an interview it could be a while before you get a rejection since they will probably want to wait to see how many people accept their offers before they send out too many rejections.

Dean Kelly will send you an email if you're accepted... last year I found out the Thursday before Spring Break I think... so hopefully you guys will hear soon!! Good luck!! You'll then get a letter in the mail a little while later with your "official" acceptance... I don't know how long it takes them to reject people... I assume if you got an interview it could be a while before you get a rejection since they will probably want to wait to see how many people accept their offers before they send out too many rejections.

I didn't even know about the email! Thanks, that was very helpful:)

did anybody call the pharmacy school to ask about what's going on?? I wonder how many applications did they review already?? and if they sent acceptance letters if any!! let us know..if you called them.:confused:

Sooo...did anyone hear back this week? Any in-staters out there hear?

Not yet..my interview was feb 9th!! so more than a month ago!! I'm getting realllll anxious!

Just remember that until interviews were done no one's stuff got reviewed. Whether you are a Feb 9 or a Mar 1 applicant, this is only the 10th business day after interviews.

Drat! I knew Iowa was slow from reading the thread from last year, but it still gets frustrating when you are the one waiting for weeks on end. :(

Looks like first, or possibly even second, round of file reviews are done. I received an email from Dr. Kelly this morning, and looks like I will be a part of the U of Iowa class of 2012!

Good luck to all who are still waiting to hear!

:)

Looks like first, or possibly even second, round of file reviews are done. I received an email from Dr. Kelly this morning, and looks like I will be a part of the U of Iowa class of 2012!

CONGRATS!

Congratulations!

whooo hoooo- i got in too!

Are you Out or In-state??

For anyone currently attending, do you recommend the residence halls for an out of stater? I was thinking about staying in Slater Hall my first year, and then move to the Hawkeye Court later. What is your advice in general for housing? Thanks in advance.