U of Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing in the mail today!!!!! I can't stand it!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

So...it's the last day of April. What the heck is going on?:confused: Are they only planning on posting the letters by the last day of the month? I'm starting to think Iowa has forgotten that I exist. I guess I could understand that I haven't gotten anything, since I live far away. But Saradempsey, you said you live in Iowa and you haven't gotten anything either?

So...it's the last day of April. What the heck is going on?:confused: Are they only planning on posting the letters by the last day of the month? I'm starting to think Iowa has forgotten that I exist. I guess I could understand that I haven't gotten anything, since I live far away. But Saradempsey, you said you live in Iowa and you haven't gotten anything either?

I have gotten anything yet too!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also still waiting to hear.

I live about 40 minutes away. I don't know what's going on!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'm actually debating if I should call and ask today!! I don't know..I'm just really stressed:(
Wait until tomorrow. Jennifer was very explicit about not contacting her until May 1 to inquire about status.

If you don't get an e-mail by the end of the day, it's likely that you are either still under consideration for one of a small number of slots that may be left, or you are a potential alternate. That's way better than a rejection letter at this point even though waiting is hard.

Wait until tomorrow. Jennifer was very explicit about not contacting her until May 1 to inquire about status.

If you don't get an e-mail by the end of the day, it's likely that you are either still under consideration for one of a small number of slots that may be left, or you are a potential alternate. That's way better than a rejection letter at this point even though waiting is hard.

Rejections are still going out though right??????:scared::scared:

The bulk of them probably went out all at once. Since someone in Cedar Rapids got theirs on the 26th, the letters should have gotten to anyone else in that initial group by now. The only reason for them to hold back a decline past that initial mailing would be if you were still being actively considered.

I am not an official representative of the school or anything, so I could be incorrect. But, if I were applying this year, that would be my assessment of my own situation.

I just got an e-mail asking me to share this information with SDN readers. I'll cut/paste so that nothing is lost in translation.

Hi Anna,

Just thought if you wanted to pass along any info to the student doctor forum here is the latest...

Anyone who has not heard yet will be sent a letter by the end of the week (so they may not receive it until next week). At this point anyone who has not heard is supposed to be wait-listed or not accepted, though it is possible there will be a few more acceptances very soon, either directly or from the wait list.

Thanks,

Jennifer
I'd imagine that you'd get the same information if you called on the phone tomorrow. Generally schools won't give out specific admissions information over the phone because they can't verify your identity.

I interpret the last sentence as meaning that the spots have all been offered, but that some people who were offered those spots are still not confirmed as attending.

I just got an e-mail asking me to share this information with SDN readers. I'll cut/paste so that nothing is lost in translation.

I'd imagine that you'd get the same information if you called on the phone tomorrow. Generally schools won't give out specific admissions information over the phone because they can't verify your identity.

I interpret the last sentence as meaning that the spots have all been offered, but that some people who were offered those spots are still not confirmed as attending.

That doesn't leave me very hopeful:(:(:(

Saradempsey, you should try to be more positive. There is still a good possibility that you can get in.

Thanks bananaface for that information. I'm sure a lot of people here were thankful for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Saradempsey, you should try to be more positive. There is still a good possibility that you can get in.

Thanks bananaface for that information. I'm sure a lot of people here were thankful for it!

It's hard to stay positivie because this is the 3rd time I've applied and 2nd time I've interviewed:(:(

Anybody heard anything yet???????

Anybody heard anything yet???????

No. I'm guessing that if they are mailing all the letters by today, then I'll probably get my letter sometime next week.

Sorry to hear about applying three times, that definitely sounds like it would be rough. What have you been doing to improve your application in between cycles? I'm not sure what I'll do if I don't get in this year. I have so many credits that I don't think retaking any classes will help. My PCAT score is good. I started volunteering in a pharmacy the last few months so that would be something new I could put on PharmCAS. Hmmm...I really feel like if I don't get in it would be because I don't have enough ECs or because my interview sucked (I thought it went well).

Do you know if wait-list people get a letter or does that come thtu e-mail???

I didn't get accepted sadly!! I called today and they said that the letters were sent out today..currently there are 25 people on wait list!!! which makes impossible for all of them I guess to make it in..But good luck to all of those who got waitlisted!

I'm a big, fat reject too:thumbdown:thumbdown
I don't know what I'm going to do now.

Yeah...that's a bummer. :( I'm just waiting til I get my letter...don't want to ruin the suspense now.

Got my rejection letter from Iowa today. At least I have 3 other acceptances to go off of...