U of L post-interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j121212

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who interviewed at the University of Louisville, how long did it take for you to hear back post-interview?

Members don't see this ad.

about two weeks. I interviewed 2/11 and got my acceptance letter (i'm in california) 2/27. i think it was dated 2/25

lol...

I'm still waiting to find out if I'm to be interviewed :)

I think I'm outta luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
tas,

i was in your boat as well with regards to u of l. totally had given up hope until last week, out of the blue, i get an invite for march 17th. i'm sure it's for a waitlist spot, but i'm gonna go anyway. (at least i can drop in on some old friends while i'm there) don't give up hope, man. you mentioned (in another thread i think) that you interviewed at UK. how did that go? i got no love from them at all, and i've worked for them for >2 years.

kendall

UofL fills up about mid-march. They're really good about keeping at least a few spots until they've looked at every single candidate. Probably one or two committee meetings left.

that's good to hear dtreese. i really would love to get an offer from UofL. my folks live in the area, so that would be cool (i guess), and i still have a lot of friends in the 'ville. plus, i want to get to do a g.surg. rotation under dr. polk before he leaves. he may be the hardest @ss of all surgical hard @sses, but he's still basically a legend.

k

Thanks for the response hapkidochic. Congrats on the acceptance are you planning on attending?

Well Kendall, You aren't the only one that "got no love" from UK, they ditched me post-interview pretty quick.

Oh well, that's the way it's meant to be I suppose :)

Have you been accepted anywhere else yet?

It is good to hear that all hope is not yet lost.

nope. no love from elsewhere either, but i got into the fray way late, and only applied to a couple schools (also have a questionable academic history). so one interview is better than none. i can always try again.

k

so basically i've gotten interviewed from both of them but they haven't said anything yet... it's getting late in the game and for some reason they aren't talking! I follow up and call, sent in another couple letters... damn. I can't tell "ya'll" how much I want this. Anyone got any ideas?

I would bet that UofL and UK will have spots open up as instate people holding acceptances at both pick one in the next month... so hang in there.

dtreese said:
UofL fills up about mid-march. They're really good about keeping at least a few spots until they've looked at every single candidate. Probably one or two committee meetings left.

From what I've heard, the wait list can even have movement through the summer months. There is still hope. Good luck.

virilep said:
so basically i've gotten interviewed from both of them but they haven't said anything yet... it's getting late in the game and for some reason they aren't talking! I follow up and call, sent in another couple letters... damn. I can't tell "ya'll" how much I want this. Anyone got any ideas?

You just have to remain patient. They do not need any more materials such as recommendation letters from you. It's a waiting game.