j121212

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
For those who interviewed at the University of Louisville, how long did it take for you to hear back post-interview?

hapkidochic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
about two weeks. I interviewed 2/11 and got my acceptance letter (i'm in california) 2/27. i think it was dated 2/25

About the Ads

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
with the critters
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
tas,

i was in your boat as well with regards to u of l. totally had given up hope until last week, out of the blue, i get an invite for march 17th. i'm sure it's for a waitlist spot, but i'm gonna go anyway. (at least i can drop in on some old friends while i'm there) don't give up hope, man. you mentioned (in another thread i think) that you interviewed at UK. how did that go? i got no love from them at all, and i've worked for them for >2 years.

kendall

dtreese

Caramel Gollum
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2001
KY, The Jelly State
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
UofL fills up about mid-march. They're really good about keeping at least a few spots until they've looked at every single candidate. Probably one or two committee meetings left.

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
with the critters
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
that's good to hear dtreese. i really would love to get an offer from UofL. my folks live in the area, so that would be cool (i guess), and i still have a lot of friends in the 'ville. plus, i want to get to do a g.surg. rotation under dr. polk before he leaves. he may be the hardest @ss of all surgical hard @sses, but he's still basically a legend.

k

j121212

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
Thanks for the response hapkidochic. Congrats on the acceptance are you planning on attending?

Tas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2003
www.emsjournal.com
Status (Visible)
Well Kendall, You aren't the only one that "got no love" from UK, they ditched me post-interview pretty quick.

Oh well, that's the way it's meant to be I suppose :)

Have you been accepted anywhere else yet?

It is good to hear that all hope is not yet lost.

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
with the critters
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
nope. no love from elsewhere either, but i got into the fray way late, and only applied to a couple schools (also have a questionable academic history). so one interview is better than none. i can always try again.

k

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
so basically i've gotten interviewed from both of them but they haven't said anything yet... it's getting late in the game and for some reason they aren't talking! I follow up and call, sent in another couple letters... damn. I can't tell "ya'll" how much I want this. Anyone got any ideas?

tugbug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
I would bet that UofL and UK will have spots open up as instate people holding acceptances at both pick one in the next month... so hang in there.

J-Mo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
dtreese said:
UofL fills up about mid-march. They're really good about keeping at least a few spots until they've looked at every single candidate. Probably one or two committee meetings left.

From what I've heard, the wait list can even have movement through the summer months. There is still hope. Good luck.

J-Mo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
virilep said:
so basically i've gotten interviewed from both of them but they haven't said anything yet... it's getting late in the game and for some reason they aren't talking! I follow up and call, sent in another couple letters... damn. I can't tell "ya'll" how much I want this. Anyone got any ideas?

You just have to remain patient. They do not need any more materials such as recommendation letters from you. It's a waiting game.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.