1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U of M Chat with Dean

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mtDNA, Dec 13, 2005.

1. mtDNA

mtDNA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ok, today I got an invite for a "special" chat with U of M Med school's dean, Allen Lichter. It is an online chat, and med students will be on as well, just like all the other Umich chats. Is there anything "special" about being invited to this one? or am I just so eager for good news that I perceived it that way? I have interviewed there already and am currently on the waitlist. If you guys were invited to this chat, let me know, I am trying to get a feel for if this means anything or if everyone who interviewed/is going to interview gets this invite. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. amandil

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got the UM chat email as well. I was accepted 11/2. Dunno if that means anything?

4. bigdogg

bigdogg Member
    5+ Year Member

Well I got that today too. I interviewed in Sept. and was subsequently deferred to December. I havent heard anything else yet, I hope that doesn't mean Im heading for the waitlist.... Although if one were thinking rationally, theyd probably conclude that this message is sent to every single applicant who hasn't been rejected yet. Hopefully others have gotten this email and can post as such..

5. pseudoknot

Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Deferred to December, got the invite. I'm sure they sent it to all the non-rejected applicants, or maybe just the post-interview ones. If they'd made a decision about the apps I'm sure they'd tell us--they seem pretty good about that.

6. almost_there

almost_there Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got the invite to the chat. My interview is scheduled for January.

7. Elastase

Elastase StanfUrd bound!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, they are VERY good about that. The most efficient admissions office I have seen.

8. Chouster

Chouster Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Im interviewing in January too and also got that msg. It specifically states in the email that this by no means equates to any decision made thus far, other than you havent been rejected. Good luck

9. Phy

Phy Member
    7+ Year Member

I got the invite too and was accepted 10/15

10. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

It seems that they invite everyone (accepted, deferred, to-be-interviewed) to these things.

I'll still hold out that it means good things for you... :) Good luck! :luck:

11. el.harpo

el.harpo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks! Hope so.

12. HumbleMD

HumbleMD hmmmm...
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The invite either goes out to all applicants or all interviewees. Don't think it says anything special about your ap, and doesn't have much of a bearing on your application (don't think you have to attend or anything - I didn't and was accepted 10/5).

13. HamburgerHelper

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I haven't been invited for an interview and did not receive a chat invitation... I think it is only for those who have been invited for interviews - like HumbleMD said.

14. kevinp2

kevinp2 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I they randomly invite a subset of all applicants. I didn't get the one that the OP got but I got an invite last week for a chat this monday with dean Woolliscroft.

15. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

You didn't get the invite that the OP did because he received his invite LAST YEAR! :p

I'm not sure how this year-old thread was resurrected, but it is oddly coincidental that there is an upcoming chat, and it does have Dean Woolliscroft as the "special guest." :laugh:

16. HamburgerHelper

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Haha. This was definitely a lesson in reading the date of posts!