U of M Chat with Dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtDNA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, today I got an invite for a "special" chat with U of M Med school's dean, Allen Lichter. It is an online chat, and med students will be on as well, just like all the other Umich chats. Is there anything "special" about being invited to this one? or am I just so eager for good news that I perceived it that way? I have interviewed there already and am currently on the waitlist. If you guys were invited to this chat, let me know, I am trying to get a feel for if this means anything or if everyone who interviewed/is going to interview gets this invite. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the UM chat email as well. I was accepted 11/2. Dunno if that means anything?

Well I got that today too. I interviewed in Sept. and was subsequently deferred to December. I havent heard anything else yet, I hope that doesn't mean Im heading for the waitlist.... Although if one were thinking rationally, theyd probably conclude that this message is sent to every single applicant who hasn't been rejected yet. Hopefully others have gotten this email and can post as such..

Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred to December, got the invite. I'm sure they sent it to all the non-rejected applicants, or maybe just the post-interview ones. If they'd made a decision about the apps I'm sure they'd tell us--they seem pretty good about that.

I got the invite to the chat. My interview is scheduled for January.

jrdnbenjamin said:
Deferred to December, got the invite. I'm sure they sent it to all the non-rejected applicants, or maybe just the post-interview ones. If they'd made a decision about the apps I'm sure they'd tell us--they seem pretty good about that.

Yeah, they are VERY good about that. The most efficient admissions office I have seen.

Im interviewing in January too and also got that msg. It specifically states in the email that this by no means equates to any decision made thus far, other than you havent been rejected. Good luck

I got the invite too and was accepted 10/15

It seems that they invite everyone (accepted, deferred, to-be-interviewed) to these things.

I'll still hold out that it means good things for you... :) Good luck! :luck:

The invite either goes out to all applicants or all interviewees. Don't think it says anything special about your ap, and doesn't have much of a bearing on your application (don't think you have to attend or anything - I didn't and was accepted 10/5).

I haven't been invited for an interview and did not receive a chat invitation... I think it is only for those who have been invited for interviews - like HumbleMD said.

I haven't been invited for an interview and did not receive a chat invitation... I think it is only for those who have been invited for interviews - like HumbleMD said.

I they randomly invite a subset of all applicants. I didn't get the one that the OP got but I got an invite last week for a chat this monday with dean Woolliscroft.

I they randomly invite a subset of all applicants. I didn't get the one that the OP got but I got an invite last week for a chat this monday with dean Woolliscroft.
You didn't get the invite that the OP did because he received his invite LAST YEAR! :p

I'm not sure how this year-old thread was resurrected, but it is oddly coincidental that there is an upcoming chat, and it does have Dean Woolliscroft as the "special guest." :laugh:

Haha. This was definitely a lesson in reading the date of posts!