U of M, Ohio State, and Purdue which is better.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemistWiz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so from what I've heard Purdue has a GREAT pharmacy program, but so does Ohio State, and U of M. the Problem is I was leaning more toward research maybe hospital pharmacy which school would be best for that? And Which one is truly the best out of the three, credentials wise?

Members don't see this ad.

Alright so from what I've heard Purdue has a GREAT pharmacy program, but so does Ohio State, and U of M. the Problem is I was leaning more toward research maybe hospital pharmacy which school would be best for that? And Which one is truly the best out of the three, credentials wise?

Honestly, you just said you're still in high school in another thread. You have several years to research and worry about what school to go to. What you want to do today may be completely different what you want to do two years from now. College opens doors you never knew existed and you will find yourself being pulled in a different direction.

If you can go visit the schools and see what it is like first hand. You can formulate your impressions of a school by what other people say and hear, but if you have the opportunity go visit and hear first hand opinions from current students, staff and faculty along with getting your own impression of the school. Go try to sit in a class if you can. I understand that this may not be completely viable in your circumstances now whatever they are, but when it comes to application time and interviews, take your interview as an opportunity to interview the school and learn first hand what they value.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the info fighton.
Phathead the reason I ask is because its usually easier to get into these pharmacy schools if im going to their school as an undergrad thats why i was asking. But I see ur point that my major might and, statistically speaking, will change. And I know im in high school and its hard to decide what i want to do in life, but I want an idea so that way i dont end up wasting 4 years on a degree i dont even like. Besides if I get accepted to these schools I dont want to sit there not knowing what i want to do and get my major in general studies. I do appreciate you telling me to calm down and focus on the now though its hard to do that when everyone tells you to look toward the future.

Anyway which school has the best Pharmacy program?

OSU has the bsps program (bachelor of science in pharmaceutical sciences). Its pretty unique for an undergrad program, and you take a lot of electives and major courses directly from the college of pharmacy faculty, so you're building those networking relationships from practically day one. Working/volunteering at the OSU Med center or surrounding pharmacies also build a wealth of experience and help prepare for the application process.
Also preparing for four years as opposed to other programs which are just 2 or 3 years allows you to intern at health care companies over the summer or do long time undergraduate research which really can set you apart.