U of M Stats???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singhrav

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anyone know what is a competitive overall GPA and Science GPA as well as the BCP GPA for U of M's Dental School? For those that have interviews with U of M, could you kindly inform me on these various GPA's, I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Rob

Members don't see this ad.

U of which M?

I have been accepted at Michigan and have a 3.7 overall, 3.5 BCP, and a 22 DAT. I would say average is 3.5, 3.5, and 19.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by MJF:
I have been accepted at Michigan and have a 3.7 overall, 3.5 BCP, and a 22 DAT. I would say average is 3.5, 3.5, and 19.

MJ,

I noticed that you pop up every so often and always seem to gloat about your acceptance to UofM, even before an interview and taking the DAT. I always wondered how this was possible...

After looking up some of your other posts, I realize now that you are not what you seem to be. So, for the sake of others who sincerely are interested in true stats etc., why don't you keep your "inflated stats and acacemic achievements" to yourself.

So, what is it? Will you be going to med school next year, a post bac, or dental school? Let us know when you figure out what the story will be this time.. =)

Truly yours,
StarryK

In fact, I have taken the DAT and had an interview, but I am glad to see you are so interested in examining my past posts. Good job! I chose dental school even though I was accepted at medical schools, and I encourage you all too as well. And I have always replied to posts by simply answering the questions asked, not "inflating my stats and achievements". Have a pleasant weekend!!!

I agree with you starryknight. He is a wannabe. There are numerous individuals on this site that make up a lot of info. But there are also many sincere individuals who want to help out people. To me the stats that have been posted for U of Michigan seem to me to be highly exagerrated.

------------------
tb

Singhrav,
The official stats for UofM, published by the AADS for the 1999-2000 entering class, are as follows: Mean DAT = 18.71 Academic, 18.00 PAT
Mean GPA = 3.39 overall, 3.22 Science.

The Beyonder,
I'm glad you agree with me... I too have found many people on this board to be very helful and informative. To those who are, I thank you whole-heartedly. Then, there are others like MJF who come out of the woodwork with their delusional selfs. I find these people quite annoying and they are usually obvious. However, there are some people who visit these boards and are unaware that the claims some of these people make are false. I find these false posters to be unacceptable and do not understand why they come here to make misleading statements that lead others astray. So use your best judgement and always double check for yourselves...

Originally posted by MJF:
In fact, I have taken the DAT and had an interview, but I am glad to see you are so interested in examining my past posts. Good job! I chose dental school even though I was accepted at medical schools, and I encourage you all too as well. And I have always replied to posts by simply answering the questions asked, not "inflating my stats and achievements". Have a pleasant weekend!!!

====================
Dear MJF,
Your posts say it all.. You really remind me of all those obnoxious, competitive little backstabbers I had in undergrad... It's just too bad someone like you may end up practicing beside me in lab.. Just promise not to sabotage my work!!!
==========================

MJF

posted 08-02-2000 02:19 PM

I am currently preparing for the MCAT, and have taken some practice tests. I found at
least three different scoring scales, and my scores have differed dramatically (I got a 35,31, and 27). Let me know which scale to use (8's and above)

MJF
posted 08-14-2000 03:20 PM

AMF,

How competitive is it to get into Harvard's post-bacc premed program?? I come from a Top 25 school,does that help?

MJF
posted 08-02-2000 03:44 PM

I sent my AMCAS-E about a month ago and my application was forwarded to the schools
I applied to on July 25. When should I expect to see some secondaries? Also, if anyone received secondaries already from the schools below, could you help me out and tell me
the questions? Either reply to this or email me at [email protected]

MJF
posted 09-26-2000 03:04 AM

I have been accepted at the U. of Michigan dental school but want to go to a different
area of the country. i have not taken the dat yet (my score will not determine admission
at mich), my gpa is 3.4 with good extras. what are some better schools than umich? do i
have a chance at the better schools? i should get around a 19-20.

MJF
posted 10-17-2000 03:32 PM
Whenever someone receives their Aug MCAT scores, write as soon as possible and where
you are from.
-Waiting in Vain

MJF
posted 10-20-2000 06:08 PM

I just received my MCAT scores, but will not open them until after the weekend so I can
enjoy myself. I suggest you all do the same (unless you KNOW you did well).

MJF
posted 11-20-2000 03:40 AM

Does anyone know anything about Mich dental school? I heard it is one of the best and I
have an interview there. I am also looking at Columbia, Penn, and UCSF. Any info would
be appreciated.

MJF
posted 12-01-2000 02:26 PM

I have been accepted at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and plan on
attending next fall.

MJF
posted 01-18-2001 02:42 PM

MJF
posted 11-28-2000 07:01 PM

Hi, I am not applying to med school for another year but will graduate in May. I am
interested in entering a 1-year Masters program at a highly-regarded school to
strengthen my credentials. If anyone has any advice or links to info on the web, I would
really appreciate it. Thanks.

Wow MJF! You are quite a story teller.. What I would really like to know is how your GPA went from a 3.4 in your post on 9-26-00 to a 3.7 on 1-18-01???? Let me know when you figure that one out...

Later,
StarryK

[This message has been edited by StarryKnight (edited 01-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by StarryKnight (edited 01-21-2001).]