U. of Maryland Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoneyHunter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this Forum. I have a couple of questions regarding interviewing at UMB. I have my interview on Jan 23, 2004. It's going to be my first one. I don't know what to do or how to prepare for this. I heard that they have a discussion group as part of the interview. I am not very good in front of a group of strangers. Any pointers on how i should prepare for this? I want to practice writing on the essay portion. What kinna questions should i practice on? Thank you!

honeyhunter - bear

Members don't see this ad.

advice: It's cold here. There's already been SNOW! Wear warm underwear. (I'm from the D.C. area)

but I haven't been to UMd nor have I done a group interview so I can't help you any further. Just wanted to warn ya about the weather. It's probably not like that in Cali right?

The weather in So. Cal. is pretty cool with sunshine and some cold breeze. =) Thanks for the heads up about the weather. I saw it in the news. I've never been to any where with that kind of weather before. I'll prolly become a human ice-cream =)

Honey,
I currently go to UMB pharm school. as far as the writing section, it different every year.. mine was "why r should UMB except you?" our school is big on "pharmaceutical care and emphasiszing the clinical side of pharmacy rather than just dispensing so make sure you work that into your discussions and essays. The group discussion they wanted to know about us and also where we felt pharmacy was going (once again its moving towards pharmaceutical care) group discussions are weird cause you don't wanna be to quiet and don't wanna cut people off. Just try to maintain a balance. One thing is you might wanna be the first to have your hand up to answer the question posed to the group since most people end up just restating what others have said. Just show some enthusiam and have questions. lemme know if you have other questions.