U of Maryland, for those who got accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who got accepted:
Can you choose which campus you would like to attend?
Did they also rank those are accepted in order to find out who wants to attend where?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand you can choose your campus until that campus is filled. After that, you go where they have a spot. I think that for the most part it is first come first served (and you have to submit your deposit to hold the spot you have requested).

For those who got accepted:
Can you choose which campus you would like to attend?
Did they also rank those are accepted in order to find out who wants to attend where?

I'm not totally sure but this is what I got when I went for my interview:
The first 120 people accepted get to choose which campus. For the 40 people after that, when you call you can choose whichever campus, if there is still spots left. That means if all 120 people who got accepted chooses Baltimore, as the 121st person, you will be go to Shady Grove. But this possiblity is small, since I'm sure there are people who prefer Shady Grove.

Hope that makes sense!

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who got accepted, after you called to confirm you acceptance and which campus you want in, do you get another confirmation email or Oliver did not email you back about the confirmation.

did anyone that interviewed on 01/26, get a reply yet. I have been checking my email for the past few days, still nothing!

I got interviewed on 1/27

Not to discourage anyone, but UofM isn't on rolling admissions. They sent all the acceptance emails by email on the same day. I was told during my interview that they would not send out rejections by email, but I've heard a few cases where that's not the case.