• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

U of Maryland, for those who got accepted

IsoPod

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2006
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
From what I understand you can choose your campus until that campus is filled. After that, you go where they have a spot. I think that for the most part it is first come first served (and you have to submit your deposit to hold the spot you have requested).

Utterdevotion

Hopeful future pharmacist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Maryland
  1. Pharmacy Student
For those who got accepted:
Can you choose which campus you would like to attend?
Did they also rank those are accepted in order to find out who wants to attend where?

I'm not totally sure but this is what I got when I went for my interview:
The first 120 people accepted get to choose which campus. For the 40 people after that, when you call you can choose whichever campus, if there is still spots left. That means if all 120 people who got accepted chooses Baltimore, as the 121st person, you will be go to Shady Grove. But this possiblity is small, since I'm sure there are people who prefer Shady Grove.

Hope that makes sense!

About the Ads

miceheart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
for those who got accepted, after you called to confirm you acceptance and which campus you want in, do you get another confirmation email or Oliver did not email you back about the confirmation.

binghamkid

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Not to discourage anyone, but UofM isn't on rolling admissions. They sent all the acceptance emails by email on the same day. I was told during my interview that they would not send out rejections by email, but I've heard a few cases where that's not the case.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.