U of Maryland Question!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missdiana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI, I would LOVE to go to U of Maryland for dental school
I am not MD resident but UMD seems really nice and I really want to get away from where I am living.
(there is in state dental school but I dont want to go there..I hate living in that area so much)

right now
3.9 cGPA (and my sGPA will be higher)
~200 hours of shadowing/volunteering
~6000 hours of working at Dental Laboratory (I have been working there since high school)
No research
Leadership: Leader at college religion group

What kind of DAT do I need to be 99% sure that I would get into UMD?
I know their average is 20..but is 22 or 23 on DAT will get me there?

I really need to know..I am studying for DAT and it is good for me to get a goal and work toward it.

ALso what else should I do more to increase my chance??

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of DAT do I need to be 99% sure that I would get into UMD?

If I learned one thing about applying to dental schools, it's that that kind of confidence is impossible to attain. The admissions process has so many nuances that makes it difficult to say "I am getting into a specific dental school for sure."

Ill be attending UMD in the fall! Your GPA is awesome and I think at least a 20 on the DAT! They asked me about my research experience a lot during the interview so that's always something you could look into doing before applying.

are most applicants scheduled for post-december interviews vying for spots in the waitlist?