1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

U of Miami Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dank, Oct 1, 2001.

1. dank

dank Member
    7+ Year Member

I got an invite today from University of Miami for an interview. They give you a list of dates to choose from (Oct 12,19,26, and 29) and ask you to call them. Does anybody know their ratio of interviewed vs accepted applicants? I saw somebody posted UF's as 300 to 96.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

No, UF's class size is 96. Last year they actually offered 126 acceptances (out of 314 interviewed) in order to fill those 96 spots (including people who were offered spots off the waiting list.) As far as Miami is concerned:
    Last year they offered 215 acceptances from 274 interviewed. That is a great number, meaning if you have been offered an interview, you have a very good chance (78.5% actually ;) ) of getting accepted. So congratulations for making it this far.
    Just focus on your interview and you'll be fine.
    GoodLuck
    All the #s are from the US News website

4. MiamiMarmot

MiamiMarmot Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Dank,

Did you receive the interview invite via snail mail or email?

Thanks.

5. Sputnik21

Sputnik21 Junior Member

hey dank, are you an out of state resident or in state resident of Florida?

6. dank

dank Member
    7+ Year Member

To answer both questions, I got the invite by snail mail. The letter was dated September 28th and I received it on October 1st. And I am an in-state re-applicant who wasn't interviewed last year.

7. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the US News Stats are messed up. If you look at USF, it says they accepted a total of 96 and 96 enrolled. 100 % yield?
    Plus, it says that UM only had 800 or so applicants. The MSAR says they had closer to 2000 applicants. Something is definitely wrong there.

8. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

Quite possible.... Definitely the USF statistic is skewed. But I do believe that U of Miami has a high acceptance rate among interviewed applicants. I read similar statistics in Princeton Review and a Barrons text as well.
    But do take it with a grain of salt.

9. MiamiMarmot

MiamiMarmot Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all,

I am so excited! I got an invitation to interview at the University of Miami today!
    Miami is my hometown so I am psyched!

10. Sputnik21

Sputnik21 Junior Member

today i got a secondary application from Miami, i was wondering if that was a good sign, or if a lot of people get the secondary app. Also, after returning the secondary, what are the chances of an interview, I am from Texas also, so i'm out of state resident.

11. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

It's pretty competitive for out of staters. You might get an interview if you have spectacular stats...... but you never know.. This whole process is a luck of the draw.

12. dank

dank Member
    7+ Year Member

I heard that UM accepts a larger percentage of applicants that they interview early on rather than applicants that they interview later on in the process. When I was reading their site, it said that almost all interview slots are filled by January. Is there any truth to this rumor or am I being overly optimistic and somewhat delusional??