U of Miami lately? OOS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minnie2240

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys-

I was just curious to see if any out of staters have been invited for an interview yet from Miami?

I've been on the ranked list for awhile now. Should I lose all hope?

Members don't see this ad.

minnie, they interview until April or early May. i've talked to dr.hinkley and they are working their way through florida residents with april scores first. they wont get to applicants with august mcat scores until the spring. i'm not sure about out of staters, i havent asked. but i havent met anyone from out of state so far in the couple of times i've stopped by the admissions office to give tours this year since interviews started in september. there's still plenty of time left in the season though so dont lose hope.

Arsenic810 said:
minnie, they interview until April or early May. i've talked to dr.hinkley and they are working their way through florida residents with april scores first. they wont get to applicants with august mcat scores until the spring. i'm not sure about out of staters, i havent asked. but i havent met anyone from out of state so far in the couple of times i've stopped by the admissions office to give tours this year since interviews started in september. there's still plenty of time left in the season though so dont lose hope.

Thanks arsenic. I took the april mcat and its one of my top choices. I have previous experience w/the hospital there so I'm definately expecting to get an interview. I figured that maybe they just interview all in-state first. I'll try to relax about it for now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know when they started inviting OOS applicants but I know they invited at least one last week. I remember seeing it on the FL schools thread but I can't remember who it was.

I am OOS April MCATer and got an interview invite on the 11th of November . . . most of my secondary stuff was submitted around August 20. My MCAT was really solid, but my GPA was not too far above their out of state cut-off of 3.6. Good luck.

Dakota said:
I am OOS April MCATer and got an interview invite on the 11th of November . . . most of my secondary stuff was submitted around August 20. My MCAT was really solid, but my GPA was not too far above their out of state cut-off of 3.6. Good luck.
Same exact story here, although I'm going to free up an interview spot for someone else. Good luck, you guys!

this might be a dumb question but what is the MCAT cut off for Miami?

Dakota said:

Do you know how long you were on the ranked list before you received an interview? My application wasn't completed until mid September so maybe I'll hear soon.

minnie2240 said:
Do you know how long you were on the ranked list before you received an interview? My application wasn't completed until mid September so maybe I'll hear soon.
At this point, the date you were complete doesn't matter as much as where you fall on the ranked list in comparison with other applicants. Applicants who are considered more favorably will be given interviews earlier than those with less favorable applications. This means that you could potentially be complete in early August (on the early end of the spectrum) and not receive an interview until April (on the latter end of the spectrum). Good luck.

So basically I will just be a compulsive email checker until I hear! Love how schools do that.