U of Michigan Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banana Hammock

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many interviews one has during the interview day at Michigan?

Members don't see this ad.

There are 2 interviews at the U of M Interview Day, generally after lunch. The morning has a morning report, an awesome 1 1/2 hour presentation of the program by Dr. Ernst, as well as a presentation on the outpatient curriculum by Dr. Mangrulkar (both are associate program directors).

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Thanks, wishperk. Are you considering the program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely seriously considering the program. I'd say it's a top 10 place, in the second tier after Mass General, Brigham, Duke, Hopkins.

It's strong across the board--clinical, research, teaching. Program director (DelValle) is amazing or so I hear from friends in the program. Lippman, the Chairman, has a strong interest in resident education (i.e., allocating money aside just for honoring the most highly rated attendings). Hospital's relatively new--state of the art. Computer system's firstclass, and everyone gets alpha numeric pagers. Everything is accessible from home.

Residents seemed nice on the interview--everyone's pretty happy there. Ann Arbor's a nice college town with lots to do and if you're in the mood for the big city taste, Detroit's 45 minutes away and Chicago's 3 1/2 hours.

Definitely in my top 2 choices right now, along with Wash U. More interviews to come this month though. . .

Wishperk:

Thanks for your input. Good luck on your remaining interviews.