U of Michigan Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many people have gotten the U of M secondary? I am an in-state resident, have not heard from them yet....eek?

Members don't see this ad.

Also in-state and haven't heard a thing. However you can access the secondary by going to the login. They have all of the information but are not sending out the invite. I'm still waiting to fill mine out but I started thinking about what to write for the essays.

https://www.umms.med.umich.edu/admappstatus/

Hey fellow in-staters- They sent out a few secondaries but it seems pretty haphazard. They don't screen any applicants out at this point so if they have your verified app then you should probably be getting it by sometime this week. If you don't have it by Friday, I'd probably either call them or stop by the office if you're in Ann Arbor.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually OOS and got my secondary from them last Friday, the 30th.

ChymeChancellor said:
Also in-state and haven't heard a thing. However you can access the secondary by going to the login. They have all of the information but are not sending out the invite. I'm still waiting to fill mine out but I started thinking about what to write for the essays.

https://www.umms.med.umich.edu/admappstatus/

Thank you so much for the link!! I was really getting worried since it seems most other people received their secondaries already.

thewarehouse said:
Hey fellow in-staters- They sent out a few secondaries but it seems pretty haphazard. They don't screen any applicants out at this point so if they have your verified app then you should probably be getting it by sometime this week. If you don't have it by Friday, I'd probably either call them or stop by the office if you're in Ann Arbor.

I guess I should have thought of that since I was in Ann Arbor today. O well. I'll call them if I don't get it before this coming Friday.

dudes: just chill and wait for the secondary. it's early july. amcas just started submitting apps to schools recently. you will not be forgotten. as for this haphazard friday thing, I have no idea where this is coming from. relax and enjoy your summer...

I got their secondary...twice. First they sent it on 6/30, then they sent it again today. Dudes, I know you just can't wait to read my fabulous essays, but seriously, have a little patience!

ltrain said:
I got their secondary...twice. First they sent it on 6/30, then they sent it again today. Dudes, I know you just can't wait to read my fabulous essays, but seriously, have a little patience!
I guess I am being a little impatient. But I have spent the last 3 years in Arizona at school, and I am beginning to realize how much it means to me to have family closer than 2000 miles away. I'd really like a shot at U of M....I suppose worrying about it isn't going to help though!

booswim542 said:
I guess I am being a little impatient. But I have spent the last 3 years in Arizona at school, and I am beginning to realize how much it means to me to have family closer than 2000 miles away. I'd really like a shot at U of M....I suppose worrying about it isn't going to help though!

They're being real haphazard about how they're sending out the invites. If you want to start working on it write about what makes you unique and a non-academic experience that influenced you to choose medicine.

booswim542 said:

oh. i wasn't addressing you or the other posters. just thought it was weird i got the same exact email twice from U of M. don't worry, it's still super early for getting secondaries in!

Okay. So..for this school..what's the order?

I logged in from the first email, and it asked me to pick an interview date right off the bat. Do they interview before the secondary needs to be submitted?

I'm trying to follow along, but thus far am quite confused.

You must have gotten an auto-invite cuz of your mcat score and GPA. Way to go! I have officially been put on "hold"....f*ck

booswim542 said:
You must have gotten an auto-invite cuz of your mcat score and GPA. Way to go! I have officially been put on "hold"....f*ck

Are you in state? And when did you submit your secondary?

Did you send in your LORs? From what I read you don't send them in unless they invite you to an interview. But maybe you could send them in now and possibly get them to take another look at your app.

booswim542 said:

What makes you say that you have officially been put on "hold"?