U of Michigan Spots left as of today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I interviewed there on Oct 1st (first interview group) but haven't been offered a spot yet. As far as I know, U of M typically gives out 195 - 205 spots total (including post december) and I just like to know how many of those offers have gone out as of today. Anyone knows the ballpark #?

Just trying to gauge my chance of being offered a spot on 1/15.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I interviewed there on Oct 1st (first interview group) but haven't been offered a spot yet. As far as I know, U of M typically gives out 195 - 205 spots total (including post december) and I just like to know how many of those offers have gone out as of today. Anyone knows the ballpark #?

Thanks,

I was also on the Oct 1st interview day. And no love (yet) lol. No one really knows how many acceptance were giving out. If you look at predents.com, just from the Oct 1st day (60 people were interviewed), 19 of them are registered on predents, and only 7 were accepted.

So (PURELY GUESSTIMATING HERE) if you take the total number of predents.com acceptance offers given and multiply it by 3, that should give you an idea of how many acceptance offers were given so far.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Is 1/15 the next time they are offering spots? How did you find that out?

Members don't see this ad :)
the new ADEA rule is 30 days after Dec 1st (yes the old was 45 days)

I really don't see the point in waiting till the 15th of January. I think the next day for acceptance is early January

Michigan will likely wait until Jan. 15 to send out another batch of acceptances. It makes sense from there standpoint because that is the cut-off for receiving a deposit. This way they "know" exactly how many spots in the class they have left. This keeps going from deposit cut-off to deposit cut-off until the class is filled. (meaning people have sent in money to hold their spot). Of course some of the people who send in a deposit might choose to go elsewhere and this is where you will get late cycle acceptances.

Sucks for pre-dents, but guarantees a full class for UMSOD.

Good luck to you all, I'll see many of you next year.

This is what they said on their facebook page:

University of Michigan School of Dentistry Our first round of admits for the Class of 2015 were invited today! Always an exciting day in Admissions. If you havn't heard from us, Admissions are done on a rolling basis and you could get a call any time!

December 1 at 2:33pm · LikeUnlike

The statement about getting a call at anytime leads me to believe that they aren't waiting until Jan 15th to give out more acceptances.... ??

Most likely meaning. UMSOD reserves the right to notify you of an acceptance at anytime after Dec. 1st. However, because we are unsure of how many of our Dec. 1st applicants will actually mail us a deposit securing their seat in the Class of 2015, we will most likely let you know, when we know, which is Jan. 15th.

Simplified for facebook, "We sent out our first acceptances, if you haven't heard from us, wait by your phone, because we could be calling anytime..."

I like the second one better too...