U of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goza1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I recently recieved an interview invite from UM and was wondering if anyone
knows anything about how many spots are available in the class? I know many people
have already been accepted. Thanks for the
help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year here at Michigan and our class size this year is 171. It doesn't change much from year to year. Roughly half are Michigan residents and roughly half are UM alumni (obviously not all UM alumni are Michigan residents and vice versa). This is not including the 30 or so students coming in from the Inteflex BS/MD program so really there are only 140 or so spots open to new applicants.

Hi,
I interviewed at UMICH they take about 300 people after all is said and done. I got wait listed. I think that it will be hard to get right in this late but I am also under the impression that just under a third of the class comes from the waitlist. So go to the interview, it will be worth it.
Good luck

I interviewed during the last week in January and I am an out-of-stater and just got accepted. Don't give up...it's not too late.