U of Minn-TC Secondary for Aug MCATers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseball37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any out of staters who took the August MCAT received a secondary from U of Minnesota - Twin Cities? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting as well- don't worry:)

Im an instater and just got it Saturday (10/29/05). They are notoriously slow...or so I hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
im out of state and i got it a few days ago. Dont know if im gonna apply though because they have a psychology class requirement.

Yeah, I am afraid that the UMN-TC is notoriously slow at most everything.

As I am sure everyone knows, the UMN-TC screens their primary applications. It took their ADCOM one month to review mine (I used the April scores); I just fear the long wait for them to get back to me on the secondary. Even after the interview, it can take quite awhile for the committee to review your completed file and offer you spot -- months for a friend of mine.

I broke down and called last week.

Admissions is apparently really bogged down and had yet to review the August MCATers but hoped to as quickly as possible.

UWisconsin is extending their completion deadline by four weeks this year. Surge of applicants or people just applying later? Either way, it seems all schools are running behind.

Got it today!!! Maybe the backlog is ending... (Watch as May arrives with no further word :laugh: )

mashce said:
Got it today!!! Maybe the backlog is ending... (Watch as May arrives with no further word :laugh: )

Mine arrived a few days ago (dated 11/7).

This is one intense secondary.

nefarious said:
Mine arrived a few days ago (dated 11/7).

This is one intense secondary.

It is intense, and I've got to say that my responses were nowhere near the same quality as when I first started filling out secondaries. I've just run out of emotional energy.... If I have to answer one more question about how my childhood experiences led me to this point I'm going to cry...

i sent my primary there in early september. i didn't get a secondary til about 8 weeks later, AFTER my brother (an M4 there) called up the adcomms to ask them what the hold up was all about. so kick back and relax. my brother interviewed there on the LAST day they offered interviews and got in right off the bat.

-mota

I'm working on it right now. The application is a monster!! Lots of essays.
So hey, just a reminder here .... everybody who doesn't like snow just drop out now, leave more spots for me, okay? :-D hehe