Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U of Minn - Twin Cities....Rejection, then Secondary??? WTF!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jon Davis, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Jon Davis

Jon Davis I killed the bank.
    10+ Year Member

Heres a boring little story....

While at an interview, a rejection letter from U of Minn - Twin Cities arrived. After I read it I shrugged my shoulders, gave it the one fingered victory salute, and threw it in a pile of papers. That was in mid-November. Well, today I received a large manilla envelope. Naturally, I assumed that it was some stupid advertisement for their Masters program or Nutrition program. I was just about to toss it but I thought I'd open instead just to make sure. Lo and behold, it was a secondary! In the letter they explained they had a computer glitch and blah blah blah. Anyway, I gotta scramble to get things done before the holidays at school (LORs). Crazy times....

For all those who got a rejection letter, there is actually a tiny bit of hope after all. Very weird.

P.S. Since, we have established some Adcom members surf this site, I may have outted myself. For all I know, there may be a handful of people like me. Oh well... (To Minn Adcom: I :love: your school.)

2. Ashanti Rock

Ashanti Rock Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Hey Jon Davis,

This actually happened to a friend of mine too! Must have been a major glitch. It's still says a lot about the school that they would go back and try to fix this error, they have so many applicants that they could have easily let it go and left you guys to hang dry. I would definately stay encouraged, and hey at least now they have to give you guys some interview points for thier BIG mistake :)

3. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Wow, thats crazy stuff. Well they must really like you to give you the secondary. I hope you get an interview, UMN is amazing.

4. yahabiby1

yahabiby1 Member
    5+ Year Member

I also was rejected and got a secondary. Secondary is long and questions are pretty specific.

5. scgirl

scgirl Member
    5+ Year Member

I got their rejection letter in october and last week I got a letter saying there was a computer glitch and that they would like me to fill out a secondary. I think that it is really awesome that they would go back and give those applicants that got mistakenly rejected a chance to fill out a secondary!

6. Flyfisher

Flyfisher On Target: Med School
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey me too! very weird indeed.