SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

U of Minnesota-Mpls: Hold List

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by VivianA232, Feb 8, 2002.

1. VivianA232

VivianA232 New Member

Feb 5, 2002
    Does anyone know the chances of being accepted from the hold list at the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    Minnesota
    From what I remember from my interview, I think they said they put the large majority of their interviewees "on hold" post-interview. They offer sparse acceptances through March/April and then when they are done interviewing, they make final decisions accept/waitlist/reject on everybody. I think your chances are still excellent.

(This is what I remember, but it has been almost four months since my interview so there might be a hint of other schools' policies in here. Anybody else remember better?)

4. shogun

shogun Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 18, 2001
    Hi,
    Wish I could give some more insight, but I really didn't here anything about "On Hold" when I interviewed. I was actually more curious as to how long it took to find out your status post-interview. I am eagerly waiting some kind of word. Thanks!

5. poindexter

poindexter Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    Minnesota
    I interviewed on November 2 and was accepted on ~December 6, so it took almost five weeks to hear. If you are accepted, the dean (Marilyn Becker, I think is her name) actually calls you, which I thought was pretty cool.

I wish all the best to both of you!

6. watto

watto Sleek White Pantsuit 10+ Year Member

Oct 19, 2000
    CA
    Poindexter, were you called on a Wednesday? Any truth to that rumor?

I interviewed in late Dec. and am still waiting to hear from them.

7. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2001
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by watto:
    <strong>Poindexter, were you called on a Wednesday? Any truth to that rumor?

I interviewed in late Dec. and am still waiting to hear from them.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes. The committee meets on Wednesdays, and if you are accepted Dr. Becker will call you that afternoon or evening. I interviewed on Oct 5, and was accepted Nov 14, so it can take a while.

As far as the "hold" thing goes, I'm not sure how it works. I know a lot of people who were placed on it last year. I've heard that the number of people who get in off hold varies a LOT from year to year...

Good Luck!