U of Minnesota-Mpls: Hold List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VivianA232

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the chances of being accepted from the hold list at the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I remember from my interview, I think they said they put the large majority of their interviewees "on hold" post-interview. They offer sparse acceptances through March/April and then when they are done interviewing, they make final decisions accept/waitlist/reject on everybody. I think your chances are still excellent.

(This is what I remember, but it has been almost four months since my interview so there might be a hint of other schools' policies in here. Anybody else remember better?)

Hi,
Wish I could give some more insight, but I really didn't here anything about "On Hold" when I interviewed. I was actually more curious as to how long it took to find out your status post-interview. I am eagerly waiting some kind of word. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on November 2 and was accepted on ~December 6, so it took almost five weeks to hear. If you are accepted, the dean (Marilyn Becker, I think is her name) actually calls you, which I thought was pretty cool.

I wish all the best to both of you!

Poindexter, were you called on a Wednesday? Any truth to that rumor?

I interviewed in late Dec. and am still waiting to hear from them.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by watto:
•Poindexter, were you called on a Wednesday? Any truth to that rumor?

I interviewed in late Dec. and am still waiting to hear from them.•••••Yes. The committee meets on Wednesdays, and if you are accepted Dr. Becker will call you that afternoon or evening. I interviewed on Oct 5, and was accepted Nov 14, so it can take a while.

As far as the "hold" thing goes, I'm not sure how it works. I know a lot of people who were placed on it last year. I've heard that the number of people who get in off hold varies a LOT from year to year...

Good Luck!