1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U of Minnesota TC Interview Day

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by newguy357, Dec 1, 2005.

1. newguy357

newguy357 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have an interview coming up at U of MN Twin Cities. My schedule says that at 11:05am there is the "Interview Day Program" apparently consisting of lunch and a tour. Here are my questions to those who have already interviewed:

1. How long does this lunch and tour take? I need to plan exactly when I'll be leaving to get back to the airport.

2. Is this lunch and tour a mandatory thing? What I mean by that is, is it part of the evaluation of our application? Like are the students who give the tours and who you have lunch with in any way involved with the admissions process? I have the opportunity to get lunch with a really beautiful woman and I'd much rather do that then eat yet another admissions lunch. Also I've already toured the school before (and spent my undergrad. time there) so there is little point in doing it again. I already know everything I need to know about the school at this stage.

Thanks for any help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MDROSE

MDROSE Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    First, another part of that 11:05 program is a presentation about the school including financial aid, the curriculum and information about the rest of the application process. Afterward, you go on tour and what not but all of the students you talk to say they have nothing to do with the admissions decision so you can say and supposedly do whatever you want. Basically, the tour and lunch took until about 1:30pm or so. Hope this helps.

4. shoal

shoal Oinker!
    10+ Year Member

WOW I get to help for once!

The interview program at 11:05 is a meeting with the admissions director, where she goes through all the points of the school and what is good about it. As well, a finicial aid person comes in a speaks about the finicial aid sitituation. This whole thing takes about an hour.

After that there is a tour followed by lunch. You'll be done with the tour about 1:00, lunch around 1:30-2.

I don't think the lunch or not the tour is part of your admission file. AS well, I am unsure if the admission program is part of the admissions file, however they do ask you a few questions there. The bulk of the asssesment is done by your interviewer, I believe which is done in the morning. I am wondering why you want to leave so early/ I would reccomend staying for the tour and lunch to see what the students think, as well as potential classmates and their experiences on their application process. I recieved good advice and information in all phases of this. :eek: Ohhh, I didn't realize you already had a tour, and have another obligation. I would do it anyhow. You ight see something you didnt' see on your undegrad tour. The med school tours specifically the medical buildings and program locations.

I think you'd be fine not going, but what does that look like? There is a brief survey at the end which is anonymous.

Good luck! What about going out to coffee with this hot lady instead? or home with her?

Best of luck!
    :thumbup:

5. newguy357

newguy357 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks guys this is exactly the info I was looking for!

Yea, now that you've listed things out I should probably be there for everything, especially since U of MN is my first choice school. Too bad. I'll have to see the woman after.