U of MN TC interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Janny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just received an email invite for U MN TC this morning. They offered me like 6 or 7 possible dates in the next three weeks:) I know a lot of people are still waiting, because they are SUPER slooow. I was complete ~Jan26 and assumed they had forgotten about me, guess not. Anyway, just wanted to send some hope to all those Minnesota applicants who are still waiting for news.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I just received an email invite for U MN TC this morning. They offered me like 6 or 7 possible dates in the next three weeks:) I know a lot of people are still waiting, because they are SUPER slooow. I was complete ~Jan26 and assumed they had forgotten about me, guess not. Anyway, just wanted to send some hope to all those Minnesota applicants who are still waiting for news.

Thats good news. I wasn't complete till 2/9, and the guy that answered the phone today told me that my file is being reviewed right now. I hope I get an invite within the next week or two as well. When I told him I was concered about my late application, he assured me that its definately not too late to get an interview invitation :) Well good luck to you. What is your gpa/mcat if you don't mind me asking? And are you an in-state applicant?

lets see... 3.87/3.61 bcpm/overall, 37Q, current grad student @ UMN TC technichally OOS, but I grew up here:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
After some thought, I think i'm withdrawing my interview invite. I'm accepted at a decent school already (Cinci) which will offer me better tuition after I get residency in Ohio, I'm tired of flying, I'm not willing to spend $450 to fly, I'm probably interviewing for a waitlist spot, and there's a 20% increase in apps meaning my chances of acceptance aren't so hot. I took a quick look at it's curriculum and I didn't see anything spectacular except maybe the flex MD, but I plan to graduate in 4 years so it doesn't apply to me. I probably would have interviewed had it been earlier tho since it does have a good reputation.

For kdburton, my MCAT was 35R, GPA 3.82, BCPM GPA 3.90, submitted secondary mid December.

that might be good news to you, but i'm stuck on the waitlist & UMNtc is my top choice :(

still, good luck on your interview Janny!

and if they happen to give any indication about their intentions for the waitlist this cycle, let us know. (even bad news would be better than no news at this point- waiting is hard...)

After some thought, I think i'm withdrawing my interview invite. I'm accepted at a decent school already (Cinci) which will offer me better tuition after I get residency in Ohio, I'm tired of flying, I'm not willing to spend $450 to fly, I'm probably interviewing for a waitlist spot, and there's a 20% increase in apps meaning my chances of acceptance aren't so hot. I took a quick look at it's curriculum and I didn't see anything spectacular except maybe the flex MD, but I plan to graduate in 4 years so it doesn't apply to me. I probably would have interviewed had it been earlier tho since it does have a good reputation.

For kdburton, my MCAT was 35R, GPA 3.82, BCPM GPA 3.90, submitted secondary mid December.

I can't find the exact thread, but a person who interviewed a month or so ago asked Dr. White how many spots were left in the class, and Dr. White said about 50, if I remember correctly. I'm sure that number has dwindled, but I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be interviewing for a waitlist spot.