U of Pacific in Stockton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bauhinia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a pre-pharm student. For those of you who currently attend U of Pacific in Stockton...why did you choose to go there? What is unique about this school? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

It was the only California school where I had met all their application requirements without having to take any more classes. That, and they let me in.

Well I liked the fact that it is an accelerated program where you can finish in three years. I also like the fact that it is a well established school. I'm starting my first year this fall but when I interviewed I got a good impression from the faculty and the students that I interviewed with. The only negative that I can see is that it is in Stockton and it's about as pricey as the other private schools in California.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send in your supplemental application in the first tier? So both the pharmcas and supplemental application forms must be received by the tier deadline? I don't think i can get everything in by the 1st tier deadline and I think I will be adding new things to my pharmcas application such as new grades and extracurricular activities.
Thanks for your very helpful comments !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

TheChemist said:
Well I liked the fact that it is an accelerated program where you can finish in three years. I also like the fact that it is a well established school. I'm starting my first year this fall but when I interviewed I got a good impression from the faculty and the students that I interviewed with. The only negative that I can see is that it is in Stockton and it's about as pricey as the other private schools in California.

I got my application in by the second tier.

Is 1st tier by August 1st?

Foreseer said:
Is 1st tier by August 1st?
yes - http://www.pacific.edu/admission/PharmD/PharmCAS.asp

* Tier 1 - Applications completed between July 1 and August 1
* Tier 2 - Applications completed between August 2 and September 1
* Tier 3 - Applications completed September 2 through November 1

i seem to remember Tier 1 ending a month earlier last application cycle though...

Bauhinia said:
Hi, I'm a pre-pharm student. For those of you who currently attend U of Pacific in Stockton...why did you choose to go there? What is unique about this school? Thank you!

I chose UOP because of its accelerated program. In 5,6 or 7 years you get your pharmD assuming you maintain GPA and complete the requirements. Stockton is not the best location, but the campus is beautiful, students are friendly, parties are fun, and professors are willing to help. Also there are several pharmacy fraternities. Check out Phi Delta Chi pre rush events in the fall.

xnm11 said:
yes - http://www.pacific.edu/admission/PharmD/PharmCAS.asp

* Tier 1 - Applications completed between July 1 and August 1
* Tier 2 - Applications completed between August 2 and September 1
* Tier 3 - Applications completed September 2 through November 1

i seem to remember Tier 1 ending a month earlier last application cycle though...

How can the application be completed before August 1? Doesn't PharmCAS release the application starting August 1?

I think it depends on when you e submit and turn in your supplemental application. If you turn it in before a certain time, you have a higher chance of getting into UOP, but you have to turn in everything by then.

I applied to UOP because:

-my father is a PharmD alumni there.
-it has a three year accelerated program
-it's in california (I'm a resident)
-I have a friend who goes there.
-it's a good school, so I've heard.

Oh but I'm not accepted yet or anything. I just applied there.