Bauhinia

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2006
113
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hi, I'm a pre-pharm student. For those of you who currently attend U of Pacific in Stockton...why did you choose to go there? What is unique about this school? Thank you!
 

GravyRPH

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2003
409
3
Cali
Visit site
Status
It was the only California school where I had met all their application requirements without having to take any more classes. That, and they let me in.
 

TheChemist

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2005
197
0
42
N California
Status
Pharmacy Student
Well I liked the fact that it is an accelerated program where you can finish in three years. I also like the fact that it is a well established school. I'm starting my first year this fall but when I interviewed I got a good impression from the faculty and the students that I interviewed with. The only negative that I can see is that it is in Stockton and it's about as pricey as the other private schools in California.
 
About the Ads
OP
Bauhinia

Bauhinia

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2006
113
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
Did you send in your supplemental application in the first tier? So both the pharmcas and supplemental application forms must be received by the tier deadline? I don't think i can get everything in by the 1st tier deadline and I think I will be adding new things to my pharmcas application such as new grades and extracurricular activities.
Thanks for your very helpful comments !!!!!!!!!!!! :)



TheChemist said:
Well I liked the fact that it is an accelerated program where you can finish in three years. I also like the fact that it is a well established school. I'm starting my first year this fall but when I interviewed I got a good impression from the faculty and the students that I interviewed with. The only negative that I can see is that it is in Stockton and it's about as pricey as the other private schools in California.
 

xnm11

Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2006
123
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
Foreseer said:
Is 1st tier by August 1st?
yes - http://www.pacific.edu/admission/PharmD/PharmCAS.asp

* Tier 1 - Applications completed between July 1 and August 1
* Tier 2 - Applications completed between August 2 and September 1
* Tier 3 - Applications completed September 2 through November 1

i seem to remember Tier 1 ending a month earlier last application cycle though...
 

nsxiboi

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2005
45
0
Socal
Status
Pharmacy Student
Bauhinia said:
Hi, I'm a pre-pharm student. For those of you who currently attend U of Pacific in Stockton...why did you choose to go there? What is unique about this school? Thank you!
I chose UOP because of its accelerated program. In 5,6 or 7 years you get your pharmD assuming you maintain GPA and complete the requirements. Stockton is not the best location, but the campus is beautiful, students are friendly, parties are fun, and professors are willing to help. Also there are several pharmacy fraternities. Check out Phi Delta Chi pre rush events in the fall.
 

IMG_0008

New Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
6
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
xnm11 said:
yes - http://www.pacific.edu/admission/PharmD/PharmCAS.asp

* Tier 1 - Applications completed between July 1 and August 1
* Tier 2 - Applications completed between August 2 and September 1
* Tier 3 - Applications completed September 2 through November 1

i seem to remember Tier 1 ending a month earlier last application cycle though...
How can the application be completed before August 1? Doesn't PharmCAS release the application starting August 1?
 

fidelio

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
220
0
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I think it depends on when you e submit and turn in your supplemental application. If you turn it in before a certain time, you have a higher chance of getting into UOP, but you have to turn in everything by then.

I applied to UOP because:

-my father is a PharmD alumni there.
-it has a three year accelerated program
-it's in california (I'm a resident)
-I have a friend who goes there.
-it's a good school, so I've heard.

Oh but I'm not accepted yet or anything. I just applied there.
 
About the Ads