U of Penn supplementary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d wannabe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I looked at the U of Penn supplementary application for the last year cycle
and just wondering if the essay topics are same every year.

I just wanna start working on it since it is required to send the supplementary application at the same time I apply to AADSAS.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i dont know this year's application, but i still have the document saved on my comp from when i applied in summer 05...ill copy the questions into here so you can compare

§ Please list any additional predental experience not included in your AADSAS application. This experience can include but is not limited to observation in a private practice, dental clinic, or hospital setting; dental assisting; dental laboratory work; dental research, etc. Please include time allotted to each activity, dates of attendance, location, and description of your experience. If you do not have any predental experience, please indicate what you plan to do in order to explore dentistry as a career prior to matriculation.

§ What activities have you performed that demonstrate your ability to work effectively with people?

§ Please explain what interests you the most in dentistry as well as what interests you the least.

§ Has your education ever been interrupted of affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct of academic performance?

hope this helps!

i have a question about the first supplemental question (listing other dental experiences not included in the aadsas application). if you already listed all of your dental experiences in your aadsas app already, can you just say so in this section? i don't really understand why anyone would omit any of the dental experiences they had prior to applying...maybe i'm missing something?

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello

I looked at the U of Penn supplementary application for the last year cycle
and just wondering if the essay topics are same every year.

I just wanna start working on it since it is required to send the supplementary application at the same time I apply to AADSAS.

Thanks!

If you’ve got your AADSAS application all ready to go, please do not wait to submit it until your Penn supplemental application is done! Just get the Penn supplemental turned in as soon as you can.

If you’ve got your AADSAS application all ready to go, please do not wait to submit it until your Penn supplemental application is done! Just get the Penn supplemental turned in as soon as you can.

Yeah, you're fine if you turn in the supplemental sometime in June. Just make sure you do a good job on the essays and don't breeze through them in order to mail it out faster. Penn won't even begin to review them until late July at best. I know it's hard to be patient now that you are getting oh so close to the interview process (trust me, I was impatient too), but take your time with your supplemental because it will be worth it.

Yeah, you're fine if you turn in the supplemental sometime in June. Just make sure you do a good job on the essays and don't breeze through them in order to mail it out faster. Penn won't even begin to review them until late July at best. I know it's hard to be patient now that you are getting oh so close to the interview process (trust me, I was impatient too), but take your time with your supplemental because it will be worth it.

Thanks for the reply
But the essay questions for 09 are not released yet
although I assume they would be similar.
Do you know when they release the 09 application form on the website?
Thanks!