U of Pitt 11/15 Interview (Primanti)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winnie bear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's keep in touch! I only met a few of you (missed the presentation and got there just in time for brunch), but it would be cool to hear what everyone's overall experience was. That 15 min essay got me so hungry though. It seemed as though everyone had a lot to say about food coz I think everyone was writing to the last minute. (P.S. that Capicola was monsterous! It was great hanging out with your guys at Primanti! keep in touch!)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. You want to describe the interview for me? I got mine coming next month...

When you first get there, Rosemary gives you an envelope with your interviewer's name on it and you also get a folder with some informational papers and pen. Then Dean Braun and Dr. Etzel talk for a few minutes about the school and such. After that you go eat brunch, where some dental students join you. Immediately following brunch, you break up into small groups for tours, lead by a dental student. You'll meet back in the room you started in, and some people will go to their interviews while others wait for their time (the envelope you received in the beginning tells you what time your interview is in addition to who the interviewer is -- ask some of the students you meet along the way about your interviewer!). Then I can't remember what order these next two came in but it was financial aid overview and Q&A with dental students. After that was a 15 min writing sample, and then an optional second look at the sim clinic.

That's how I remember it haha, but I might've forgotten something, so others can definitely feel free to chime in and correct/add to this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Likewise, it was fun meeting you and hanging out at Primanti Bros. Keep in touch.

I think hail2Pitt described it well. I missed the morning presentation so can't speak on that but the rest of what hail2Pitt stated was what I remember. Good luck on your interview!

I'd like to know too. I may have an idea...

Which one are you? So, here are the names I remember...Amy, Tony, Mark, somebody, somebody, and me. Those are common names w/o last names so I hope no one minds. Also, if you're Amy, PM me please.

Which one are you? So, here are the names I remember...Amy, Tony, Mark, somebody, somebody, and me. Those are common names w/o last names so I hope no one minds. Also, if you're Amy, PM me please.

Haha, all this time I thought her name was Annie. I told you I wouldn't remember names.

Haha, all this time I thought her name was Annie. I told you I wouldn't remember names.

You might be right. We should've all kept our name tags on. Who are you? Lol...wow, we have issues or I do at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i'm annie. not amy.
sorry about joining this so late. finally made an account hahaa
soo who's who? i can't really guess from the usernames except for winnie bear :p

lol i'm annie. not amy.
sorry about joining this so late. finally made an account hahaa
soo who's who? i can't really guess from the usernames except for winnie bear :p

Was just seeing if you're paying attention;). I think you're the only applicant I've met so far who didn't already have an account w/ SDN...haha. That's neither good nor bad, just different:). Welcome!

Hey! So I have my Pitt interview next Tuesday but I haven't gotten any information (hotels, transportation, TIME, LOCATION). I called previously to confirm my interview date and Rosemary said she would send out info but didn't... what should I do??

Hey! So I have my Pitt interview next Tuesday but I haven't gotten any information (hotels, transportation, TIME, LOCATION). I called previously to confirm my interview date and Rosemary said she would send out info but didn't... what should I do??

You can call, but she'll probably send it soon. Just be patient.
You have to be at Salk Hall (2nd floor, continuing education auditorium) at 830am, at the earliest, 9am at the latest. There will be about 40 interviewees, so just look for the big crowd. My group all met on the first floor and waited there together until 830; the email was pretty strict about not showing up early.

Hotels: there are a ton in the area, and if it's close to the school, the hotel usually provides a free shuttle service around the city, which will drop you off in front of the dental building. I, and 3 other interviewees, stayed at the Comfort Inn. I also heard of people staying at the Holiday Inn and Wyndham, or something like that. I would just book the hotel on your own; don't wait to hear back from Rose. You can google the hotels in the area...

I just made one too =D. I'm Tony by the way. Anyone else getting nervous? December 1 is getting close.

You can call, but she'll probably send it soon. Just be patient.
You have to be at Salk Hall (2nd floor, continuing education auditorium) at 830am, at the earliest, 9am at the latest. There will be about 40 interviewees, so just look for the big crowd. My group all met on the first floor and waited there together until 830; the email was pretty strict about not showing up early.

Hotels: there are a ton in the area, and if it's close to the school, the hotel usually provides a free shuttle service around the city, which will drop you off in front of the dental building. I, and 3 other interviewees, stayed at the Comfort Inn. I also heard of people staying at the Holiday Inn and Wyndham, or something like that. I would just book the hotel on your own; don't wait to hear back from Rose. You can google the hotels in the area...

Thanks! I decided to stay with a friend at Carnegie Mellon instead. I still haven't gotten anything yet and because of Thanksgiving holidays, couldn't reach the office. Yikes.

Haven't gone yet its Nov. 30. But hopefully well. Thanks for asking. How about you? Any cool interviews?

Yep. Phone call from Rose on the 2nd, and then snail mail letter on the 4th. How did charleston go?

I didn't get a call, but saw "offer made" on AADSAS dated 11/30 and snail mail when I checked my mailbox a couple of days later.

congratulations you two!
my status on pitt is still "under review" :(

charleston interview went better. we'll see. hopefully something good happens

my status on pitt is still "under review" :(

Schools make decisions all the way through March so it's still early! No news is sometimes still good news so chin up and your time will come! I'm rooting for you, my friend!:)