U of R -or- RWJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davincicode

Bio-Linguist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm in a dilemma... By the May 15 deadline, I have to choose between Univ of Rochester and Robert Wood.... Now, I've already livedi n upstate New York for 4 years now for undergrad... Robert Wood would be closer to home in NJ.... U of R has much better ranking and a good area.... good curriculum.... but RWJ is also about 15 grad cheaper a year.... it's also a well-reputed school... Now the question is is paying 15-grand more for U of R worth it in the long run compared to RWJ? Anyone have any opinions? If you do, that would really help me out because I'm jut not able to choose between the two. :confused:

Thanks!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Tough choice, but let me tell you want I know. I went to Rutgers (New Brunswick)for Ugrad. I must say that the location is really not that great. There are some things to do in New Brunswick but overall its a huge college city. My friends and I can't wait to get out of there. I know location is not the only thing to consider, but I think it's really important. That being said, RWJ is a great medical school. Good luck and PM me if you want to talk more.

i would go to rochester in a heartbeat!

I'm also from Rutgers undergrad, and I too can't wait to get out of here ;). I chose between UPitt and RWJ, and i'm choosing UPitt. I think it's worth the money for the better curriculum, research opportunities, location, clinical training..... the list goes on and on.