U of Sydney Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greatjoe4life

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an MCAT Score of 30 and a GPA of 3.75. So I was wondering what are my chances at Usyd Med School?

Members don't see this ad.

You are guaranteed to get in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You are guaranteed to get in.

Depends on his MMI performance. Ranking is based on MMI score+MCAT. Many of the Canadians have reasonably high MCATs so he's already disadvantaged. Needs to ace interview.

Depends on his MMI performance. Ranking is based on MMI score+MCAT. Many of the Canadians have reasonably high MCATs so he's already disadvantaged. Needs to ace interview.

Are you sure? I've heard that Sydney accepts Canadians with MCATs as low as 26/27. I would say no matter what he has a strong chance. I would question why he isn't considering the US as an option, a 3.75 and a 30 MCAT is the median for Canadians accepted to US MD schools.

I was wait-listed at three US Schools this last cycle. Also, I'm an international student from Nigeria, so its tough to get into a US med school.

Sydney's minimum GPA requirement for US/Canada is only 2.7/4 "All international MD applicants who meet the minimum GPA requirement (i.e. a credit average) and the minimum GAMSAT requirements (minimum score of 50 in each section) or MCAT requirements (minimum score of 8 in each section for MCAT results prior to April 2015) will be invited for interview." http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/future-students/medical-program/AdmissionsGuide_International.pdf

After interview you are ranked based on MMI and MCAT.

Basically, you are guaranteed. All you needed was a 2.7 GPA and a 24 (8/8/8) MCAT to be invited for interview. It probably won't change much next year.

True, if you absolutely bomb your interview you might not get in but lets be honest with ourselves here, if you were waitlisted at US schools you will probably pass Sydney's interview this year.

Reactions: 1 user