U of T INTERVIEW!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mystere-ious

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all those Canadian students,
I franky cannot believe that U of T is starting the interview this year, and getting rid of the essay component. I heard this interview is a structural interview and that they're looking for SPECIFIC answers to questions they ask. Does anyone have any more info. on this interviewing at U of T? :(

Members don't see this ad.

To my knowledge, most if not all, dental schools in Canada and the United States require interviews of their applicants. It is actually quite strange that U of T took away the interview component several years ago. I think that it's pretty important to have one - it gives the admissions committee the opportunity to judge the communication skills and manners of the applicant. Once you get into dental school, you will hear a lot about "professional conduct". Imagine going to a dentist who doesn't have social skills, or applying for a job at a company who doesn't want to meet you first!

An interview is a chance for the faculty to meet you, so just be at your very best! Don't worry too much about the interview, if you have a strong desire to become a dental surgeon, that will show through. Be honest, and know why you want to enter the profession and have some examples of times when you've expressed this interest. If you have a strong academic background (> 3.7) and solid DAT scores, you will have no trouble getting into U of T if you present yourself well at the interview. Good luck! :)

In my opinion, interviews help weed out evil people.
The end.
:eek: