U of T Pharmacy 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UofT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other school!:laugh:

I can say this why? BECAUSE I CAN.. and this is the UofT forum.. Im not going to go on the UW forums and say that.. because that is distasteful or whatever the word is..

lets all be adults here. we can say whatever we want.. in the respective forums.. and YES uoft IS DA BEST!!! :)

Im so excited to meet everyone!
congratulations IT4!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
imo, I think it's best to ignore..than. give attention to those kinds of remarks. But that's just my opinion.

mase within 2-3 days, i will let u know if ur getting that spot :)

I am still waiting on a couple of schools (one of them being my top choice)

Well ubc results are out and I know of 2 people personally who and declining their u of t spot for ubc....so congrats to the person who gets my spot! :)

well it looks like i may have to keep this spot.

congrats hotpink on ubc, its a great school. and ksksks, who knows, maybe we'll be classmates next year

thanks mase :)
i honestly would choose U of T over UBC if my girlfriend wanted to move there with me LOL

one more spot should open up for you guys today. it was a hard decision, but UT was just going to be too much of a financial burden for me.

good luck you guys =)

How many acceptances were sent out this year? 270 like last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Say no to U of T....so they say "yes" to me! haha

Wow, you're honest. Just for that, I'm going to decline my spot and hope it goes to you! ;)

Good luck.

+1 spot opening up for you guys :)
Thank you and enjoy your new careers ahead!

I will be declining my offer tomorrow. So hopefully it'll relieve one stressful Sdn waitlister. I must say that I'll miss the Leslie Dan building and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to visit Toronto again.

Good luck!

I will be declining my offer tomorrow. So hopefully it'll relieve one stressful Sdn waitlister. I must say that I'll miss the Leslie Dan building and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to visit Toronto again.

Good luck!

Why are you declining?

guys I am having the hardest time deciding between UofT and UBC pharm...I heard UofT is a hard school...

If you go to U of T, there's a decent chance you might be graduating with a entry-level PharmD.

Best of luck in your choices everyone! Hopefully I will be faced with the ever-so-hard task of saying "yes please!" this year or next year.

Gotta up that PCAT score. haha

Im so jealous. Keep up posted on how things go through the year!

The waitlist is such a tease. But I cant look away. haha

guys I am having the hardest time deciding between UofT and UBC pharm...I heard UofT is a hard school...

the exact reason why i dont want to go to UofT right now

I attended UofT as an undergrad for 4 yrs, and its not hard material per se, but the amount of attention and the quality of teaching is by far superior at UBC (Since I have taken courses at UBC for a year now). I feel like at UofT, I am just "one of them".

It really depends. If you want to go on with your studies, I'd say choose UofT. They have a wide range of specific programs that will enable you to specialize in a certain area.

ksksks: Yeah, but that's undergrad. It might be different in a professional program.

ksksks: Yeah, but that's undergrad. It might be different in a professional program.
This is true. It's a much different feel from undergrad at UofT. Don't base your decisions on that alone.

the exact reason why i dont want to go to UofT right now

I attended UofT as an undergrad for 4 yrs, and its not hard material per se, but the amount of attention and the quality of teaching is by far superior at UBC (Since I have taken courses at UBC for a year now). I feel like at UofT, I am just "one of them".

It really depends. If you want to go on with your studies, I'd say choose UofT. They have a wide range of specific programs that will enable you to specialize in a certain area.

I've talked to a few UofT pharm alumni and they said in pharmacy they really care about you! They said that there is a huge sense of community within the classmates and also the profs... so I don't think UBC will be any superior in this case.

Agh... I just went into the top floor of the pharmacy building! What did I get myself into. Lol... It's so scary :p

I've talked to a few UofT pharm alumni and they said in pharmacy they really care about you! They said that there is a huge sense of community within the classmates and also the profs... so I don't think UBC will be any superior in this case.
I've heard that too...not just about UofT pharmacy, but professional programs in general at various schools.

Anyway, it's the same degree at the end, both programs are accredited, I doubt there'd really be all that much difference. *shrug*

bah waitlist sucks!

i'm wondering if acceptances will fall below 240

Last edited:
Do we get any say in our lecture times and labs because there are multiple lectures available?

Are the A&S students in separate lectures from pharmacy?

Do we get any say in our lecture times and labs because there are multiple lectures available?

Are the A&S students in separate lectures from pharmacy?
No, I believe we are assigned courses and their respective time slots. But for courses like Chemistry, and Anatomy, we definitely do get our own section, separate from ArtSci.

Timetable for first year should be similar to what the 1T3s had last year (unless they're changing the curriculum): http://pharmacy.utoronto.ca/Assets/Faculty+of+Pharmacy+Digital+Assets/BScPhm/year1timetable.pdf

Samsies, Memorizing! Waitlist is lamesauce!

See you next year. If we're waitlisted now, with a little tweeking, we're in (assuming we don't get the happiest phonecall in the world over the summer).

Samsies, Memorizing! Waitlist is lamesauce!

See you next year. If we're waitlisted now, with a little tweeking, we're in (assuming we don't get the happiest phonecall in the world over the summer).

Really hope we do get the happiest phone call over the summer:xf:

hmmm...only about 180 people are joined in the facebook group. About 15-20 are prob upper years so thet don't count, and there are prob another 25% who don't know/ don't have facebook, and can't join the group... so, using my completely arbitrary method of calculation, 160*1.25= 200, so maybe they'll take 40 of us off the waitlist.....

I actually think that like more than half of them are upper years.

lol. well then...my method is obviously way off. 40 does seem a bit high, then again, I have no idea how many they usually take of in the first place. I know my buddy got taken off last year, and found out in the middle of july, so fingers crossed. Hopefully they start calling people on Monday since today is the last day to accept offers

On pharmsis, it says they will probably give calls late july if they do give calls, i don't know why late july though. Hopefully monday though!

Ya fingers crossed! :xf:Today is the last day for you guys to accept right?

And they did say anywhere from late July to Sept 10. Btw I think last year the first person was taken off on July 20, but that's obv going to change for this year. Waiting sucks :mad:

Not to be an *** or anything or give hopes up, they give out 270 acceptnaces for 240 spots because they antiicpate rejections. So technically 30 people need to reject before wait list goes.

Anywayz waitlist goes throught the whoel summer, freind of a friend literally got a call like during phrosh week of last year. But to add to the list, my ex-roomate is gonan reject cuz he got into dentistry so thats 1 more up.

hey!

i signed up for SDN, so i could spread the good news: UT has started accepting applicants off the waitlist!

I just got a call from them today asking whether i was still interested.

best of luck who are still on the waitlist! the wait is almost overrrrr..:)

What is your GPA/PCAT % if you don't mind me asking.

Holy.. if you really did get off the WL lol :p, that's like 2 weeks earlier than last time lmao- a little more hopeful now- but who knows I could be ANYWHERE in the upper half cause the interviews distort the rankings that we may try to figure out through GPA/PCAT (but like Byork I'd like to know anyways if u don't mind....)

I'm at least glad they got the 30 excess acceptances out of the way already!

i don't kno. I really doubt they'd have called somebody so early....

i don't kno. I really doubt they'd have called somebody so early....

I know eh? Especially since today's the last day for accepting and the day's not over so something doesn't make sense. It was also their first (Credible?) post lol

I mean I'd like to believe it- I do! But something's fishy...

@ At the waitlister- can u add more details plz?

Anywayz waitlist goes throught the whoel summer, freind of a friend literally got a call like during phrosh week of last year. But to add to the list, my ex-roomate is gonan reject cuz he got into dentistry so thats 1 more up.
Wow, that's incredibly late in the game. To the people on the waitlist, do they tell you to go ahead with preparations (financial etc) in case you get in? It would seem you'd have to.

They don't tell us any prep things, they only tell us to have a plan (for school) for this upcoming year

i got the call and the caller id says it's the university of toronto. basically, i was asked whether i was still interested in the program and if so, they would send me an email later on with the details on how to accept the offer.

i'm an out-of-province applicant. i'm not too sure on how they work the waitlist, but i'm speculating that maybe an OOP applicant declined their offer before july 9th and so they just accepted the next OOP applicant on the waiting list.

my stats for whomever wanted to know:
gpa is low 70s, PCAT 94%